CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE

ROSE POV

I had been breathing. That was one way to describe how I was feeling. It felt like it wasn't yesterday that it all happened. If not for the pity looks the teachers and students were given me, I would have thought it was all a dream no a nightmare.

"MARY LAKE WENT MISSING"

"MARY LAKE WAS KIDNAPPED BY AN UNKNOWN STALKER"

Those were the trending news. The worst of it was having people come to say hi to me. Those who had never talk to me when Mary was here.

Tear prickled my face as our corner looked dead as it felt. Kaden for once wasn't talking as he looked out of the world. Paul was holding my hands but it did nothing to my emptiness.

Tom, he refused to sleep yesternight. He was training for his racing but I know those were excuses. I could smell the alcohol on him. We all slept in Mary's house yesterday and they had forced us to come to school this morning.

"We have gotten more popular in a few hours. See the way the students were staring at us" Kaden joked but he sighed when no one even smiles to his joke.

"I have to go," Tom said as he stood up and walked out of the cafeteria and the boys rushed after him. Staring at the door, I just wished Mary would walk out of that it but nothing happened.

I sighed, stood up and walked out of the cafeteria to the bathroom the only place I could cry in peace without anyone disturbing me.

Luckily for me, no one was in the girl's toilet. I sat down on the sink. Not caring about the smell, I cried to my content. If only I hadn't forced her to the mall. If only I hadn't gone out to get a drink. If I had been fast enough maybe Mary would be here with me.

I missed her. I missed her shuttering. I missed her stupid guess. I missed everything about her. I have known her for the past three and a half years of my life. When I first met her, people had been ignoring her because of her disease but to me she was special. She was strong and I missed her.

I rinsed my face with water and dusted my skirt as I walked out of the bathroom. I bumped into someone.

"Sorr...." I looked up to see the two idiots. Charlie and Spencer. They were holding hands.

"What do you want and why are you here?" I asked glaring at them.

"To pay our condolences," Spencer said pretending to be sad.

"She isn't dead, you fool" I shouted moving closer to him.

"Oh, my bad! Sorry, but we can't be so sure" He said mocking and I raised my hand to hit him. Charlie stopped me and pushed me into the wall.

"You can't and shouldn't touch my boyfriend" She shouted and glared at me. She didn't drop the hand she was holding moving closer she dropped something in my hands and told me to keep quiet.

"I wonder how you will survive without your friend. Not like she is a person anyway" she said and walked out away with Spencer who was laughing at what she said.

What the hell!!!

I opened my palm to see a USB DRIVE.

What is this?

And why would Charlie Black, the school slut gave me this?

I put the drive in my bag and walked away with so many thought running through my mind. The most prominent thought was if Mary Lake was okay.

💻💻💻💻💻💻💻💻🔌💻💻💻

THINGS ARE GETTING INTERESTING. Thanks for your support💞💞💞😊😊.

WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT CHARLIE BLACK WHAT KIND OF PERSON IS SHE?

I LOVE ROSE KINGSLEY 💞

TAG SOMEONE YOU KNOW ON WATTPAD WHO ACT LIKE ROSE KINGSLEY?
WHY SHOULD YOU? I WILL PM THE PERSON YOU TAG AND USE THEIR REAL PICTURE AS OUR WONDERFUL CHARACTER ROSE.
THIS SIMPLY MEANS THE PERSON WILL BE ROSE.

NOTE: I WILL CHOOSE RANDOMLY SO GIVE IT A TRY.