CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

TOM JONES

I had always thought of the consequence of my words before I voiced them out yesterday, I didn't. Telling someone about my mum was like telling someone I have a phobia for a spider which was true. It's like telling someone my weakness given them access to hurt me.

I don't regret telling her though. I cherished the fact that I could tell someone other than my friends.
I loved the fact that she cared about me. The way she reacted yesterday couldn't be fake.

I know telling me about her sickness was hard for her but that didn't make me hate her or anything instead, I grew to respect her strength.

"Man, Gee called yesterday, he told me to inform you guys that the last race is coming up next month," Paul said looking nothing but excited which wasn't a surprise.

"Are you sure you still want to register for the race? You don't have too," Kaden said trying to buy me out of it.

"I can't give up a chance to win 4 million nairas and I will be fine," I replied.

"I can't even understand how you can smile right now. It is going to be dangerous and more deadly than the normal race," Paul reminded me as if I didn't know already.

"Not to mention that it is going to be a no rule race," Kaden groaned.

No-Rule Race is dangerous. Many people died on the spot during the race others have to live with a broken bone or two. The only person that manages to succeed before without anything more than a scratch was Robby and he had been in operation long before I joined. Even at this, I couldn't give up on joining the No-Rule Race many things were at stake and I could only pray that it would all worth it in the end even if I die.

"Tom, are you serious about this you know there is no going back once you are in," those were Gee exact word to me as I put down my name in a form to join the race.

"I know that man but I had no choice," I said as I wrote that some things on the form which surprisingly had the stamp of the police. I don't and will never know how Gee Race The World could pull up that stunt with the police. Maybe because of the name or something, the name though sound ironic to me, more like Gee Race To Death. It no problem with my thought.

"You know you can always join the group instead of killing yourself without anything to show for it. At least with me, you can die a hero," Gee said as he spits out the gum he was chewing.

"If not that I have stayed here long enough to know
you like girls, I would have concluded that you love me with this your concern," I said and drop the filled form on his table which consists of some books about cars, cigarette, condoms, and drugs I know nothing about.

"I will rather die a happy man than to die of a drug overdose the world will be disappointed," Gee rolled his eyes at me and picked the box of cigarette on his table knowing what he was about to do, I walked out of his crappy office shouting at him to read and understand the label.

I needed to start training more than ever before. Even if I win the two stages, going against Robby would be a hard task for me maybe I would end up a wealthy man or I just signed my death sentence.
Only time will tell.

🚗🚗🚗🚗🚗🚗🚗🚗🚗🚗🚗🚗