EPILOGUE

FIVE YEARS LATER

MARY JONES

I stared at the kids as they rush and play around the field. I smiled as they support each other by playing the game they all can play. Looking at them always gives me a sense of pride as a teacher.

I teach; English Language at California School for the Disabled; a school for the blinds, people with dyspraxia, dyslexia, deafness and other types of disability.

I am also a writer. I can't give up on writing, that is a fact. I write on wattpad for fun and I had published a book on Dyspraxia. I wasn't so surprised that many people know nothing about the sickness but I am happy I could create awareness on it.

I walk and sit beside a little girl who is painting a lake on a whiteboard. Ruby Kate was dropped by her parent at an orphanage because of her blindness. Yes, the little girl had been blind from birth and then abandoned. She lived at an orphanage till she was seven, her talent had been buried for years. It was when an artist went for a visitation at her orphanage saw her works that he brought her here to learn.

She wouldn't talk for months but as time goes on, she cheered up. She is getting better with her drawing. How she could differentiate the colours will remain a mystery to me.

She nods at me, a sign of recognition.

"I don't talk when I am drawing. It limits my concentration and the work I could do" that was what she told me when I asked her why she only nods when she is drawing.

I can relate to her. As a writer, I know the power of concentration. How it can affect my imagination which affects my writing. I leave where she is to sit on a swing.

My phone rings and I pick the call not bothering to check the caller.

"Hi babe, I miss you," Tom says and I smile. He will never change. We saw each other this morning. He was even the one that drove me to work.

"I m-iss you t-too," I said. It is the truth though.

"We are still seeing tonight right?" He asked.

"Of c-course" I assured him.

"Okay see you. Love you" he said making me smile.

"L-love y-you t-too," I said and cut the call.

One would have thought we would get married before the others. But Kaden and Charlie surprised us all by tying the knot first. Yes, Charlie my once ex-best friend. You would be wondering how they both ended up together but, that is a story for another day.

Paul and Rose told us they are still enjoying each other company. I don't understand what that means. But, one thing is sure, they are not ready to settle down.

One of the things I am grateful for is Tom's reunion with his mom. Even though there are still spaces in between them, I am grateful they are getting along.

Tom got a new shop for his dad with the money he won at the race then and the business had been flourishing. What did surprise me was Mr Jones getting married to Miss Johnson, my counsellor. Yet, that's also a story for another time.

My parents are all doing good. We are all doing great. Mrs Cooker still cooks for us and Mr Caleb still drive me to work if Tom can't.
Things are perfect.

😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁