CHAPTER FORTY-TWO

TOM JONES

Life is unfair.
I had always known this but can't life gives us a break? Guess that will never be a possibility. Seeing the woman I loved connected to several machines, I had never wanted to curse life more than now. She was my light and my darkness, losing her is losing myself.

"I am worried for you Tom," Paul said as he gave me a worried look. I ignored him. Looking away, Rose was taking a nap. She had refused to sleep but when the doctor told us that Mary would be fine, Paul forced her to sleep.

"Tom...!" Paul shouted but immediately lowered his voice. I know why he was worried. Tonight was the race but I couldn't leave her not when she was like this.

"I can't leave her," I said. I put my hands on hers but it brought a temporal relief. I just wanted to hold her. Paul murmured and walked out of the room. I couldn't blame him. Even though, I was worried about the consequence of me not going. I would have failed anyway if I go there without seeing her eyes.

Kaden had gone to visit his sister. The cancer was spreading they needed to operate on her but, Kaden couldn't raise the money. I sighed. Life is so unfair.

Rose sneezed and I stood up to cover her with my jack... Wait! That wasn't Rose. The person coughed and I rushed to her bed.

"Mary" I shouted and she glared at him pointing at her ears.

"Sorry, let me get the doctor," I told her and rushed out of the room.

"Let's see, Miss Mary, do you recognize me?" he asked.

"Our family doctor and Tom, why are you sweating?" She asked. I didn't even know I was sweating.

"She is fine," the doctor said as he walked out of the room after questioning her.

She smiled at me and stretched her hands, given me permission to hug her.

"I'm glad you are okay," I said and kissed her on her forehead making her blush.

"Spencer?" I hissed when she asked about him. Even though she was trying to look strong, I could see how much his name affected her.

"He is going to jail," I said and she nodded sighing in relief. She pointed at Rose and I told her she needed to rest.

"I know but trust me, she will hate you forever if you don't wake her," Mary said laughing. Knowing Rose, she wouldn't forgive me if she missed any more moment of seen her friend. She groaned when I patted her.

"Rose, Mary has...." She jumped up at the mention of her friend's name.

"Oh my God! Mary!" She shouted and I stiffened when she ran to hug her, crying.

"I am a girl" Mary cried. Giving them a moment, I sat on the chair as they find solace in each other embrace.

"Tom, you need to g... You are awake?" Paul shouted. When did he become Kaden?

"No, she is still sleeping," Rose said glaring at him for breaking the moment.

"Thank God! You almost gave us a heart attack," Kaden said and hugged her.

"So what did I miss? How was the race?" She asked and I stiffened. No one answered.

"I think the race is tonight" Rose answered.

"What! Tom!" Mary shouted.

"I can't leave when you are here" I explained.

"That's lovely but you need to start going. I am fine and I promise I will be fine" she said.

"But..." I argued.

"No, but," She stated. Knowing how stubborn she could be, I sighed and walked to her bed and gave her a light kiss on her lips.

"Be safe, Tom?" She said worriedly.

"I will be back," I said as I walked out of the hospital room with Paul.

I must come back.

👳👳👳👳👳🏥🏥🚗🚗🚗🚗🚗🚗

Amazing readers, thanks for your support💓💓💓💓💓.
What do you think about this chapter?

NOTE

I WILL SUBMIT THIS BOOK FOR WATTY 2019 IMMEDIATELY AFTER EDITING.
I GOT HERE BECAUSE OF YOUR SUPPORT, THANK YOU.