[S7] Episode 7: Collateral Damage

The next day, the usual things happen in Ally's life. It was bland and boring to Ally, but he liked to chat with the maids about the things happening in the World of Sea.

Abigail usually entered the maid's quarters to greet her friends, but always scoffed at Ally when she had seen him.

"If you really want to defeat the legendary swordsmen," explained a maid, "You'll have to know each of their abilities. There are always weaknesses to these abilities.

For example, James the Senior has a Lock ability that allows him to make swords out of anything he touches, wether it be the ground, a wooden cane, a metal pole, or even living animals. However, after a few minutes, these things revert back to their original forms, and James has to find another object to make a sword out of.

Grandmaster Aventius can return back to a location he once was in the past ten seconds. This allows him to teleport anywhere and out of danger. However, he has a glaring weakness. When he teleports, he can't determine exactly which point in time that he will teleport to. This means that Aventius cannot determine where he would teleport to. However, he does know that he will teleport to a location he's been in in the past ten seconds.

Phobos Deimos is still an unknown being. No one here knows what his ability is. There is a rumor however, that his sword isn't even a sword. Some say it's a spear but most people say that it's a long black arrow. It's very odd since Phobos doesn't even carry a bow. He usually only wears a ragged cloak, his hat, and that arrow of his. They even say that when he had lifted the arrow up to the sky, everyone became silent, knowing fully well of Phobos Deimos' power and strength. He's truly terrifying."

"Hopefully I meet him and find out his ability," said Ally, "..and survive of course!"

The day had passed, and it was almost time for dinner. Ally had recently left the maids quarters, waving them goodbye as he headed for the dining room. Suddenly, as he began to approach the dining room, he had overheard a conversation in the kitchen.

"Oi, what are we even paying you for?" asked Astolfo, holding a slab of meat, "I asked for a medium rare, not a medium."

"My apologies, Master Astolfo," said an old maid who was on the ground.

Abigail was by the old maid's side, helping her get up.

"Astolfo," said Abigail, sternly, "You didn't need to overreact like that and push her. She's a fragile woman and doesn't deserve to get injured."

"She should've known that when she made my steak medium," scoffed Astolfo.

Abigail frowned at Astolfo.

"Just because Ally is back doesn't mean that you have to act like you're better than you once were," smiled Astolfo, "In fact, let me teach you a little lesson."

Astolfo pulled out his sword and pointed it at the maid and Abigail. The sword extended, bearing its huge hook, ready to pierce at Abigail's shoulder.

Tchk!

Ally grabbed the sword. His hands began to drip blood. He then stared at Astolfo, glaring.

"Ally, old pal!" smiled Astolfo, "Remember that just because you returned doesn't mean you get to interfere with business!"

"You shouldn't harm your siblings," Ally said.

"Fine, fine," smiled Astolfo, who then turned to Abigail, winked, and left.

Ally glared at Astolfo. He then began to help out the old maid and Abigail.

"Thanks Ally," said Abigail in shame, "I misjudged you. I thought you would act like both Adrian and Astolfo, but I was wrong. Thank you for your kindness."

"Don't mention it," said Ally.

...

After dinner, Ally went to his room to think about his life at the Korblack mansion. He went to the balcony to get some fresh air and look at the night sky. Was this really going to be where he would live for the rest of his life? Would his father finally accept him for who he is?

Ally slowly closed his eyes and began to doze off. Suddenly, a shatter of glass was heard nearby. He rushed outside of his room to hear some weeping. In the room next to his was Abigail's room.

There, Ally saw multiple scars on Abigail's back and a bruise on her cheek. The window was broken. She fainted from the injuries she sustained. The same old maid from before was helping Abigail up.

"Who did this?" asked Ally.

"It was Master Astolfo, sir," replied the old maid, "He came in and injured Abigail. The window was broken as well."

Ally stood up, "Please help Abigail up. I'll confront Astolfo."

"It's unwise to do that, Master Ally," said the old maid, "He's with Adrian right now. If you attack him, you'll end up at a worse fate than Abigail. It's best to wait it out until you find an opening."

"Alright, fine," replied Ally, taking the old maid's suggestion, "I'm heading back to my room. Sleep well."

"Master Ally," said the old maid, "I was also told to inform you that the intruders will be executed tomorrow."

"Thank you," he replied.

Ally made his way to his bedroom and out into the balcony. The night sky shone on Ally's face. He sat down on the chair, and bowed his head down to the ground. The night sky no longer shone on his face.

He began to weep silently.