[S8] Episode 7: Triple Threat

BANG!

The bullet shot at Reina, heading aggressively towards her. Suddenly, Reina deflected the bullet with her blade. The bullet ricocheted off the walls of the chamber and began to head toward the door, hitting Jinx in the leg.

Jinx fell down and yelled in agony, "Argh! What the hell? Why are you this stubborn to die?"

Reina crawled towards the exit of the door, desperate to get some help and defeat Jinx. She was only using one hand to crawl, and despite the pain, she was heading there quickly.

"Lynx! Styx!" yelled Jinx, calling her siblings, "Where the hell are you?"

Lynx and Styx walked into the room that Jinx was in, noticing her leg bleeding.

"Sorry," replied Styx, "I had to barricade the door that the Black Circus was spectating in. Not even the strongest of Lock users can get out of a huge boulder."

Lynx growled in joy.

"Thanks for remind me, Lynx," smiled Styx, "Liquid Nitro and Vanya Talos are out of the facility to do some errands, and since you knocked Tyrant out, it should only be Isen and Nasir in the spectating room. This'll make it way harder for them to bust out."

"Shut up about your explaining!" yelled Jinx in frustration, "Kill Reina Tempest!"

The backup lights turned on in the chamber room, and only a puddle of blood as well as the knocked out Tyrant had remained in the room.

"Where did she go?" asked Jinx.

Suddenly, Jinx was hit in the face by Reina's leg, who had swooped in from above the entrance of the door. Styx's explanation had given Reina time to repair and heal the wounds she had sustained from her battle with Jinx. She ran towards Tyrant, trying to wake him up, but it was no use. He was out cold. Lynx and Styx ran after Reina, attempting to fight her. Jinx lied down on the ground, finding ways to fix her leg.

"Lynx," said Styx, "Just like we practiced."

Lynx growled in agreement, smiling towards Styx. Styx then held out a paper ball. The paper ball was then touched by Lynx. Then, Styx threw the paper ball at Reina, which transformed into a corpse of a recruit that the trio had killed. Reina pushed Tyrant away into the corner of the chamber and dodged the flying corpse, which had exploded!

More and more paper balls were thrown, all transforming into a variety of objects from bowling pins to picture frames. Each one had exploded before Reina, wearing her out. Reina realized the strategy of the duo. Their Lock had worked so well together. Styx could throw something as little as a paper ball that she had softened so fast, and when she reverts it back to its original form, Lynx can make that original form explode! The bigger the object, the bigger the explosion! Styx and Lynx are basically throwing huge bombs at Reina, each one getting more difficult to dodge.

Not only that, but if Jinx recovered, and combined their abilities, luck would shift to their side! This will definitely end Reina's life. She had to defeat these duo before Jinx could recover. She began to think, and with her quick wittedness, Reina devised a plan.

Reina threw knives at the paper balls before they could transform, making sure that the hilt of the knives hit the paper balls. That way, instead of stabbing the paper balls in the air, the knives would just be hitting the paper balls back at the duo. This will render the long ranged attacks ineffective for now.

Styx threw another paper ball, but Reina didn't see Lynx touch that ball. Actually, Lynx was nowhere to be found. Reina immediately scanned the room in an effort to find the explosive monster, but she wasn't there. That's when she realized..

The paper ball reverted to its original form. Due to Reina's panic of Lynx's disappearance, she didn't have time to throw a knife. However, her answer was solved and Lynx has appeared, reverting from a paper ball. Reina threw a knife, but Lynx had just caught it, making the knife explode in the process.

Reina ran away as Lynx landed on the floor. There was no way she could throw anymore knives. She overstocked on knives for Jinx's match, but now she had used them all up! Lynx began to chase Reina around the chamber, and Styx was taunting Reina by sucking on a lollipop. It was over for her.

Soon, Reina even noticed Jinx barely standing up. She had finally recovered and was examining something. She was looking at the bullet that was shot inside her leg. She smiled and put the bloody bullet inside the barrel of her revolver. It was only a matter of time before Jinx could shift luck to her favor and guarantee a headshot.

Reina ran for her life as Lynx got closer and closer. Soon, Lynx was upon Reina and leaped towards her, ready to touch Reina and make her explode!

"I could make a headshot," smiled Jinx smugly, as she pointed the revolver at Reina, "Yet I want you to die a slow and painful death."

BANG!

The bloody bullet had been fired.

It pierced the head of Lynx.

Styx and Reina was taken by surprise.

"There's this secret that I know about Lynx," smiled Jinx, "If she were to die, she would cause a huge explosion, and self destruct."

Lynx closed her eyes, tears falling out as her molecules began to rearrange and scatter. The smell of fire began to disperse once more, and Reina was near it once again.