[S9] Episode 9: Confrontation

Diablo rose to the skies, basking his black feathered wings. He readied his Bow of Accuracy and pointed to the clouds. Thunder boomed in the background as the skies turned gray. Diablo was harnessing his energy, and finally releasing it. The single arrow shot the rough the skies, falling apart as it went up.

Soon, almost 500 purple arrows rained down from the single arrow, killing angels and soldiers alike. These arrows also maneuvered through the debris, shooting any living targets. Diablo contributed greatly to the casualties of the Grand War. There was no stopping a person with such great power.

Soon, he fluttered down, landing on some debris. He looked around and shot a single arrow, which quickly turned around and shot at a hiding soldier. There was no escape from Diablo's wrath. He walked over and hid behind a building, watching a fight going on. Soon, Diablo recognized a face. Is that Andrew Gildor? He's going against.. Hazama Kodachi. Isn't that guy from a different reality? I need to see how he works.

...

What the? Andrew's leg! It just got wounded! And how is Kodachi behind Andrew? He didn't even see Kodachi move! This must be the power of those from different realities. Andrew fought back! Amazing! Diablo didn't know Andrew had that much resolve to continue fighting. It seems as he has surpassed the role for Azrael.. and continues to live on. The Goddess Majestika would be proud.

"Hmm.." Diablo began to think, "If Kodachi is here.. then that would mean that Darryl Montgomery is left unguarded. Not only that, but I heard that Jin Xero is out of action, and Ryuji Benkei is out on the battlefield! This is my chance to defeat Darryl!"

Diablo landed on the rooftop of Darryl's building. The roof was cold and metallic, signifying some sort of importance. After all, this used to be the office for the general, Jordan King. Diablo's swords and arrows couldn't cut through the building roof.

"Might as well use this," thought Diablo, swinging the Daedalus into the rooftop.

It worked! Diablo busted a hole through the ceiling, allowing him to slip inside. Federal Soldiers were alerted of his presence, but Diablo quickly took them out with his swords and arrows. He was an unstoppable machine. Soon, Diablo arrived at the front office of Darryl Montgomery. He passed the dead guards and barged in, seeing Darryl on a chair.

"How cliche, isn't it?" asked Darryl, sitting on the chair, "The big bad sitting patiently on the chair, awaiting for the hero? Well you're not a hero, aren't you, Diablo?"

"I've killed more beings than you ever have since you were born," boasted Diablo, smiling, "You really think you can match up to me and call yourself the big bad?"

"Whoever said I was going to fight you?"

Suddenly, Diablo fell to the ground. He couldn't stand up! Darryl had shot a weapon at him!

"This.. thing," said Darryl, "In my hand is a machine. It allows me to extract souls from a person. Normally, it kills people by removing their soul, but you're a special case."

Soon, Diablo's soul was transferred into the machine, only leaving Ikarus behind.

"The only downside to this machine is that it has to cool down for a day," frowned Darryl, "Also if it's broken, all the souls will be released. However I can't just do that."

Suddenly, Darryl injected himself with a syringe that came out of the machine.

"This is my Lock, Ikarus," smiled Darryl, "The ability to use the undead to make myself stronger. Stronger than Jordan King, stronger than Tyrant, stronger than the whole Bujin race! I have the souls of tons of people, who empower me!"

Darryl's hand shot at Ikarus, but his shield had protected him. Ikarus began to run, dodging the fists that came at him. This moment reminded him of fighting Jacob Badger. Soon, his shield had broken, and the fist of Darryl had grown heavy, staying on the ground. Ikarus took his chance and impaled his sword into Darryl's hand, but it wasn't enough. Ikarus was hit by Darryl's other fist, sending him to the wall.

Ikarus recovered quickly and shot arrows at Darryl, in an attempt to chip away at his health. Darryl didn't put up with it and shot soul blasts at Ikarus, who deflected them with his shield. It was risky, but Ikarus had to try something. Ikarus shot an arrow at Darryl, and began to run towards him, holding his dual blades.

Darryl ignored the arrow and went straight for Ikarus, punching him repeatedly until he was no more. However, Ikarus fizzed away.

"A mirage?" yelled Darryl, confused.

Then from behind Darryl was Ikarus, plunging his blade into Darryl's chest, severely wounding him.

"Diablo calls it the mirage arrow," smiled Ikarus.

Out of rage, Darryl grabbed Ikarus, slamming him down with all of his strength. Ikarus almost grew unconscious. However, he thought up of using another weapon quickly. Ikarus, with all of his strength, hit Darryl's arm with the Daedalus.

"What did you do?" yelled Darryl as he suddenly began to rise up.

"I'm sending you to be judged to the Heavens," smiled Ikarus.

Darryl was defeated, and was soon going to face judgement for all of his crimes. However, he wasn't done yet. He pulled out a radio, and began to call out:

"Blow the place into smithereens. Shoot any flying object in sight first."

And with those final words, Darryl ascended into the Heavens, awaiting his cruel fate. Ikarus broke the machine, freeing the souls that Darryl had consumed, and returning Diablo to Ikarus.

"Ikarus," said Diablo, "What do you think you're doing?"

"They're going to shoot at Olivia with the warships," said Ikarus in a serious tone, "I have to help her out!"