[S5] Episode 6: Encounter with Angels

"Azarthoth?" asked Ally, "What is that?"

"You don't know what Azarthoth is?" replied the bartender, "He's a legend."

Garbajo was playing with the pinball machine inside the cafe. Kitsune and Olivia were talking to each other about Little Industry City. Ally was humbly talking to the bartender to find out more about the world.

"Just like the other legends, such as the third legendary swordsman or Diablo," explained the bartender, "Azarthoth is truly the one people need to fear."

"Why?" asked Ally, intrigued.

"Unlike the third legendary swordsman, who is human, or Diablo, who is an angel, Azarthoth is an extraterrestrial being. Some say that he's half the size of a Reality Square."

"What does Azarthoth even do?"

"He resides in Reality Square 9, slowly eating away at that Reality. Some say that in a few centuries, Azarthoth will make our way to our reality, Reality Square 1. He will eat us all."

"Sounds terrifying. Has there been any way to prevent him from coming to us?"

"No one knows. Only the beings at Reality Square 9 are trying their best to tackle that beast. People around here say that Azarthoth is unbeatable."

"Good thing any of us wouldn't be alive by the time he comes," smiled Ally.

Suddenly, Garbajo was on the floor bleeding. Kitsune ran over to Garbajo, healing the wound with her Lock.

"What happened?" asked Ally, running over.

"There's a wound in his chest," explained Kitsune, continuing to heal Garbajo, "It's just a flesh wound, but there's nothing lodged into the body. It's like whatever hit him disappeared!"

"I saw what it was," Garbajo said, panting, "It was a blue arrow that hit me. It must've vanished."

"Blue arrow?" asked Ally, "You don't mean that Ikarus shot you, did he? He wouldn't do that!"

"Hold it," said Olivia, "Remember back on Restaurant Galore where there were angels fighting? An angel must be hunting us do—"

Suddenly, Olivia was shot by a blue arrow, which vanished soon after impact.

"Olivia!" yelled Ally.

Ally looked at the direction where the arrow came from, and found an angel hiding by a roof.

"Kitsune," whispered Ally, "There's a tavern near here. I figured that Ikarus must be there eating food and wanted to pick him up later. Find him after you heal Garbajo and Olivia. Then, board the ship. I'll meet you guys soon after."

"Ally wait!" Olivia yelled.

"What is it?" he replied.

Olivia smiled like a maniac, "Use this."

She gave Ally a small metal orb.

Ikarus enjoyed finishing his meal inside the tavern.

"I can't believe you, Ikarus," Diablo said in Ikarus' mind, "After a near-death situation, you continue to eat?"

Ikarus was too busy enjoying his food to hear the voice inside his head.

"Ikarus!" yelled Garbajo, carrying Olivia and Kitsune on his shoulders, "Follow me! We're headed back on the ship!"

Ally stood on the roof of the store building. Suddenly, an arrow shot at him, but he deflected it. Another arrow shot and missed.

However it came back and hit Ally in the back.

Ally coughed up blood, "Just gotta find a secluded place."

Ally ran from building to building, avoiding and deflecting the arrows that were shot at him. Suddenly, an angel appeared before him. He slashed at the angel with his Korblack Sword, but the angel dodged. Ally was shot in the back with an arrow.

"There's two, no, three," thought Ally, "Three angels."

He jumped from roof to roof once again, avoiding the angel that was in front of him. It was unwise for him to take them down one by one. In no time, he would get distracted and shot down.

Another angel appeared before him.

Clang!

The sword of Ally and the swords of the angel assassin clashed. From there, he was forced into a sword fight.

Ally's heavy Korblack sword made his attacks slower than the angel. Due to this, the angel got a few hits in, cutting Ally's chest with the dual blades that the angel had.

However, Ally found an opening and jumped. He stepped on the angel's face and crashed into the window of a construction tower. He began to limp towards the center of the tower.

Soon, he was surrounded by three angels. They readied their bows. If Ally were to move and dodge their arrows, the arrows would just turn around and hit their target. That would be fatal.

Ally just smiled and pulled out the metal orb that Olivia gave him.

The Arcs boarded the ship and then turned around to look at Little Industry City.

"Hopefully Ally is okay," whimpered Ikarus, still eating a slab of steak.

BOOM!

A huge explosion erupted in the city of Little Industry.

Olivia jumped in joy and laughed maniacally, "He did it! The madlad did it!"

Garbajo, Kitsune, and Ikarus were confused on why Olivia was jumping for joy.

...

The ship sailed on the sea. The Arcs were reunited once more.

Kitsune healed the blade wounds that Ally had received.

"Olivia," said Ally in confusion, "Can you explain what just happened? How did the angels die and I didn't?"

"Simple," Olivia explained, grinning, "I took a sample of your hair and applied it to the metal orb I gave you. That metal orb, when activated explodes. You survived because I applied your hair sample."

"It only kills targets, like angels?" said Ally, "No collateral damage?"

"My devices do their best to keep casualties to a minimum!" Olivia yelled.

"Odd," questioned Garbajo while manning the steering wheel, "Do you always have inventions like that?"

"Of course," replied Olivia, "It's a side hobby to my cooking. In fact, I made my mech suit all by myself!"

"Impressive."

"So Mr. Garbajo," asked Kitsune, "Where are we heading to now?"

"The Heavens flight gate," smiled Garbajo.

Ikarus jumped in joy, "Aww yeah! It's almost done!"

The Arcs celebrated and cheered, not expecting what was to come.

"Azrael is dead?" said the Goddess.

"Yes, my Lady," replied the angel.

She scoffed, and sighed, "If you want to do something, you have to do it yourself."

I'm aware that this arc was shorter compared to the last arc, but now that the Arcs are finally at the Heavens, please expect to have longer arcs from now on. Thank you for the wait!