[S9] Episode 5: Terror of Angels

Darryl Montgomery sat in his chair, looking over the battlefield in his little base. The war remained in chaos, with multitudes of people fighting each other in a death match. It was everything that Darryl had wanted.

"Can you believe it, Kodachi?" asked Darryl, "With Jordan King gone, I have complete control of what is happening right now. Isn't that great?"

"I guess," Hazama Kodachi smiled.

"Ever since the day that those Arcs destroyed Bergtown, I have been plotting for my revenge. Now, I finally see it in action. This will definitely change their lives forever."

"I guess."

"We're killing four birds with one stone. We'll get rid of the Heavens, the Black Circus, the Arcs, AND the Harlequin in this little free-for-all. I'm just filled with excitement. Aren't you, Kodachi?"

"I guess."

"Once we're done with this little nuisance, we can finally spread Federal control all over the nine reality squares. My name will be written all over it. Oh, how wondrous that would be!"

"I guess."

"What are your views on this, Kodachi? I'm a little interested, judging that you're from a different reality."

"We won't be winning this fight, I guess."

"What do you mean, Kodachi? Is it because of our troops or our ammunition?"

"We lack resolve, I guess."

"You actually believe in that resolve and passion crap?"

"I'm not saying I do, I guess. I'm just saying that there's a chance that it would heavily put a factor into our results, I guess."

"Well.. that may be true. I should put that into factor. Now that I think of it, that Diablo/Ikarus kid has the most potential into infiltrating my territory. What do you think I should do?"

"I guess end it quickly. Don't let his resolve burn through, I guess."

"What's the point in that? I want to watch him suffer. Make him feel what I felt when he destroyed the island I was looking over. He shall feel pain like no one else has felt before."

Kodachi smiled, "I guess you really don't listen."

"Instead of criticizing my strategies," replied Darryl in frustration, "Why don't you make yourself useful? Go out there on the battlefield and help out."

"I guess I can. However, I guess that my Lock is mainly used for assassinations."

"Look, I don't care if you eliminate one person. Just put some damn effort into what you're contributing to this war."

"I guess."

Kodachi stepped outside, and immediately a limb flew over his head. What a bloody war. This would definitely go down in this reality's history books. However, Kodachi has seen worse wars from his own reality.

Kodachi took a casual stroll down the debris of the buildings as angels flew in the air and soldiers shot guns on the ground.

"It's Kodachi!" yelled a soldier, "Sir, if it's not too much to ask, but we really need some back up. These angels are coming out so quickly. Their swift movement in the air is making it hard for us to aim and shoot at them."

"Just direct them to me, I guess," Kodachi smiled.

Kodachi walked up to the center of the battlefield, looking up at the sky. He smiled as the angels flocked towards him.

"They're coming! Prepare yourselves!" the soldiers yelled.

"Over there!" said an angel, "That's Kodachi! The Fed from a different reality! Let's gang up on him!"

The angels immediately went towards Kodachi, shooting him from a range and tearing him up with swords. The soldiers watched in horror as the army of angels sliced at Kodachi, ripping his skin apart and the joints that connected his body. There was no way that Kodachi could live through that.

...

What just happened?

Kodachi placed his hands on two of the soldier's shoulders, staring at what they were seeing, "Happy to help gentlemen, I guess."

The soldiers and Kodachi stared at the dead bodies of the angels, all piled up into the center. It was like there was no trace of Kodachi.

Suddenly, a beam of light shot through the battlefield, killing all the federal soldiers with a head shot. Kodachi jumped back, barely dodging the beam of light.

"Did you seriously see my fast attack?" asked Andrew Gildor.

"It really caught me off guard, I guess," smiled Kodachi.

Andrew pointed at the buildings, "Windows and glass are everywhere in this city. Even in the debris on the ground. I can reflect my light to kill off anything that it can touch. You won't be dodging my attacks any longer."

"I'd like to see that happen, I guess."

Soon, Andrew shot a beam of light at the windows, bouncing them off and hitting other shards of glass. The beam of light shot at Kodachi multiple times, making holes into his body.

...

"That was a nice attempt, I guess," smiled Kodachi, behind Andrew and touching his shoulder.

Andrew sustained a severe injury in his leg by Kodachi's ability, preventing him from running away quickly. Suddenly, a beam of light shot through Kodachi's shoulder, going through Andrew's arm as well.

"I told you," smiled Andrew, feeling the pain in his arm, "You couldn't dodge it."

Kodachi frowned:

"I should kill you right now."

Suddenly, a blast of light burst out of Andrew's back, hitting through Kodachi's shoulder. Andrew shot himself in the chest with a light beam to hit Kodachi when he was distracted! Andrew then began to glow, causing himself to illuminate, blinding Kodachi as he limped away.

When Kodachi opened his eyes, Andrew was gone.

Kodachi sighed, feeling the wounds on his body, "At least I did something to contribute to the war I guess."