Chapter 6

Lis' POV

Amy was right, But what I would regret more is stringing him along like everything will be fine and then getting sent back because of a dumb decision I made. Maybe if I just explain the situation to Mom and Dad they'll understand. Maybe they will send me back before I decide on making this choice.

I let out a loud sigh standing from the couch there was a light knock on the door and I turned to see it was Luke "Still haven't done any guitar lessons in the past few days. What's up? You're never like this with music." Lucas said entering the room as I walked over to the table filled with candy and other snacks. "You question me about everything and I don't feel like hanging around Mikey." I bit off the gummy bear's head and grabbed a handful walking over to the couch and sitting back down. "I'm done with questioning I promise, you have talent and I want you to continue with it. Come on I have two acoustics waiting patiently behind the stage." He stood holding his hand out and I sat staring at it. "Why behind stage?" I asked as I sat a few gummy bears in his hand. "I was hoping you'd give me your hand but I'll accept these. Because that's where the guitars are stored, now let's go!" He shouted grabbing my hand and pulling me up.

I laughed as we ran down the hall, "bet you I can beat you to the guitars!" I yelled looking over my shoulder, "not if you keep running where you are." He laughed and I gave him a confused look as I collided with a solid mass of boy. "Are you okay Lis?" Niall asked from underneath me, "Just peachy, sorry for bumping into you good sir, I'll just be going." I rolled off him standing and holding out my hand to help him up. "Where you two off too?" He asked wiggling his eyebrow, "Niall Horan you are a perverted child." I glared as he cackled, "guitar area." Luke said in a duh type of tone, "oh, oh yeah, can I come?" He asked, "of course let's go!" Luke hurried down the hall taking a turn. What is up with these two?

We made it to the guitar area and I sat down on the stool them sitting on the other two. "Play Amnesia." Luke stated handing me my guitar and giving one to Niall grabbing one for him too. I began playing Amnesia and Luke started singing as Niall joined in with him. I began the chorus them joining in and strumming there guitars Niall playing a second version of the chorus and Luke playing a tune that fits in with it all. I joined in on the singing until the chorus was finished then I switched to playing the second verse. Niall and Luke stopped playing and just sang. This went on until the end of the song, I finished it by adding the last "cause I'm really not fine at all" in then we cheered high fiving each other. I heard cheers break out from the fans in sound check but I assumed some of the guys were out there doing sound check. Niall and Luke pointed behind me and I turn around to see everyone from the 1D boys to my family to the 5sos lads then I noticed the stage cameras. Sound check was screaming because we did a cover sort of thing of amnesia. My face grew red at the thought of the fans hearing me sing.

Arms flung around my neck and pulled me into a tight hug "That feeling you got when playing, I know because I could see it on your face. Your mind was clear and you didn't focus on anything but the chords and what you should sing. You seemed happy. That's how you'd feel, if you made your own decisions and chased after what you wanted for a change." I squeezed Amy tighter then released her turning towards everyone else. Mikey gave me a Small smile before looking down and turning around to leave. "Mikey wait!" I yelled as he turned around, if I'm gonna be in a relationship with him it can't be secret I couldn't hide it from anyone. I smiled at him as he smiled back taking a step towards me. "Thank you for the guitar lessons. That's the only reason why I'm as good as I am." I couldn't do it, what am I so afraid of? "You're that good because you're Lis." He smiled turning and walking out the door quicker than he normally walked. I could feel my body warm up and my frozen heart melted a bit. My smile dropped and the room got awkward. Dad turned and walked out quickly.

I silently followed Dad down the hall and watched as he turned a corner. "Mikey, I told you to stay away from her. She's a good girl, she doesn't need to date a band member I don't want the touring to hurt her." Dad's voice was filled with concern, I stood out of view on the other side on the corner listening. "Ash nothing is going on between me and Lis." He stated I could her footsteps, "Michael it's obvious-" "Maybe it's one sided then, talk to her maybe she likes me! You told me to keep my distance and I'm going to keep my word. All Lis Irwin is and will be to me is nothing. Are you happy? I won't look at her or breath the same air." Mikey yelled, "All ready broke one of those agreements." I stated, a cool chill filled my body, as I stood in front of him taking a deep breath. He was looking straight at me. "Just broke the other one too." I spun on my heel and walked away as fast as I could. I heard footsteps so I picked up the pace and ran for the janitor's closet in the venue. Locking the door I sat down on the floor. I didn't shed one tear. I would not cry over Michael Clifford, not even with how much the place on my neck where his lips touched burn. I just sat there staring at a mop as him and Dad banged on the door.