02.

I'm filling your cup up with sprite and codeine.

My footsteps echoed when my feet hit the ground. I stuck my hands into my pockets, letting out a loud sigh, just trying to get home. I felt a slight buzz in my head from mixing tequila with beer but I was good.
Maybe I'll watch a movie or smoke one on my balcony before bed.

Lost in my thoughts I heard a voice in the distance.
I stopped and turned around and saw the blunt vip guy from the bar.

"Yo!" He was running after me.

"Me?" I asked.

"Yeah, you." He smiled.
Pretty cute, I thought to myself.

"You forgot these at the bar." He stuck his hand out with my keys in it.

"Shit, I must've dropped them. Thank you." I grinned and grabbed them.

"It's good. You lucky I found those first."
Unlike that other guy that hit on me, this one had something; a certain charm I suppose. I'm not into hood guys anymore; I don't mean that in a bad way, I grew up with those people but I'm usually on point about given first impressions.
And he looked like someone that does some extra work on the side, if you know what I mean.
But he was very polite so I had no reason to be mean to him.

"Am I?" I grinned.

"Mhm, all kinds of people coming to the bar, you never know." He smiled.

Damn, that was a nice set of teeth, he totally blinded me with that smile.

"I know. Thanks again."

"Aight, you take care now, see you around."
He said, slowly walking away, leaving.

"You too." I said after him and went home.
He didn't ask me for a name. I was starting to get a bit curious. Who is he?

When I got home I wasn't even tired. I made some tea, grabbed a pack of cigarettes and parked my ass on the balcony bean bag. Inhaling the smoke I leaned back and closed my eyes.
Sometimes I had a feeling like my life is pointless, you know, like it's leading nowhere.
After my uncle and aunt took me in, this healing process started and it wasn't short. Trust issues are never completely going away and I understand that, but even though I finished school, went to college and got a job at my uncle's firm, I feel empty at times.
My last relationship lasted for about a year and it was with a girl I now despise. A few months in, I found out she was doing drugs; huge disappointment but I decided to stick around, try and help her. Two months later I came home to a messy apartment after looking for her all day; they called me from the rehab centre, told me she just took off.
I never saw her again; it was for the better, I know that now.

I do have a friend, his name is Devin and we've known each other since middle school but he lives in another city where he works and I don't get to see him as often as I'd like. We skype and stuff but it's not really the same, is it.
My uncle is just one of the many that told me I should go out and socialize but it's not as easy as it may sound. Like I said, trust issues.

I put out the cigarette and watched the city lights while sipping on my sweet tea. There were police sirens audible in the background; it was a jungle out there. I went to bed an hour later and the last thing on my mind before I shut my eyes was that hoodie from the bar. I wondered when I was gonna run into him again.
You know, small world, an even smaller city.