05.

It's so easy to fall in love.

He was leaning on the doorway with a smile on his face, eyeing me from top to bottom.
"Come on in."

I was a little nervous at first because I haven't liked a guy this much in a long time.
I stepped in with a sour grin on my face. It looked like a small office with a small set of stairs on the right that led up to DJ's booth. It was that vip place he was at when I first saw him.

"I didn't know you work here."
I said, standing in the middle, looking around.
He was stacking some papers in the drawer, lifting his gaze up to me. He pointed at the red couch on my left.

"I used to work here." He replied.

I took a seat on the couch and he joined me shortly.

"And now...?"

"I own it. I bought it from the previous owner two years ago." He explained.

"Wow, awesome. I like it here."
I grinned.

"Yeah, it grows on you." He leaned a little closer and I didn't even flinch.
"About that drink, what would you like?"

"Oh, uhm, a sprite?"

He chuckled and lifted himself up. There was a small fridge by his desk. He opened it and glanced at me.
"I got some Coke, Dr. Pepper aaaand... oh, here it is. Sprite for the missus."

I was acting like a girl that has a crush on her friend; with that stupid smile on my face. He returned to the couch and handed me the sprite.

"Thanks."

"Anytime. So, how you doing?"
He asked.

"Honestly? Drained." I admitted.

"Too much partying last night?" He chuckled; I just nodded in response. "I know the feeling."

"Yeah, well, I'll live."
I took a sip of my drink.

"Don't get used to it though."
He pointed at me, grinning.

"Don't worry, I couldn't even if I wanted to." I chuckled.
"And how are you?"

"I'm a little tired myself but you know, I'll live." He teasingly said, giving me a little wink.

I leaned my head back.
"I don't even know what I'm doing here."

"Yeah, you should be at home, sleeping. But I'm glad you came by."
He said.

"Me too."
The whole situation was a little awkward. I felt slightly uncomfortable at times but when I relaxed, it was very homey.

"You dye your hair?"
He asked, blowing out smoke from a blunt he lit up.

"Yeah, I have been for years, why?"
I replied.

"I like it." He stuck his hand out, touching a strand of hair that was falling down the side of my face. I blushed.

"Thanks." I looked down and then back up at him again. "I thought about changing it, but I never bring myself to do so."

"Don't. It suits you."
He said, offering the blunt. I took it for one drag only.

We were kind of just sitting there, chilling. Getting to know each other was definitely our intention but in that moment we just quietly enjoyed the company, lying on the couch.
He put out the blunt and picked up my legs, putting them in his lap, over the knees.
I just smiled and looked up at the ceiling. Muffled sounds of music from outside were echoing in the room and we haven't moved for almost an hour.

It was getting late and I had to go.
We were standing by the door, saying goodbye for the night and I had the feeling he wanted to say something else.

I grabbed the door knob and opened the door but he leaned on it and shut it back.
My eyes were glued to his and this chemistry between us, it was pretty impressive. He gently pushed me, my back against the door.
He didn't have to say anything, I got the picture.
My heartbeat increased when I felt the touch of his hand on my hip, gripping a little tighter. Instead of kissing me right away, he leaned his forehead on mine and exhaled.

I closed my eyes and slowly put one of my hands on the side of his neck, caressing his cheek with my thumb. He did the same. Both his hands cupped my face, lifting my gaze up when he pulled away just a little bit.
I was staring into his hazy dark brown eyes, waiting for him to make a move.

He made a move alright.
He pulled away, his hands sliding off me.

I was confused, standing there, not sure what just happened.

"I need to take care of something. You should go."
His look didn't change. He was nice and polite but I could see he was holding back for some reason.

I nodded and let myself out. He wanted to say something but I left before he did.
I picked up my pace, wanting to return home from this strange encounter as quickly as possible.

What was I thinking?