08.

Cause love is blind, your hurt is fine.

"Codeine?"
I can't believe I actually said that, but he offered and I needed to numb some pain and feel good.

"You sure?" He asked and I nodded.
"Aight." He got up and went to the other room, but came back shortly with two pills in his hand.

"One is fine." I stuck my hand out and he dropped it in my palm.

"One is all you get, this shit is addictive as hell." He popped the other pill with some sprite.

"Sprite and codeine, how nice." I joked and swallowed it down.
"Don't worry about me, I can handle it."

"Mhm." He sat down next to me and turned the TV on; which is what we were doing for a while there. When the pill kicked in, I felt good. A little numb but when I looked at him, all the bullshit just faded away.
Exactly what I wanted.

"What?" He saw me staring.

Without hesitation, I straddled him, moving my palms to the side of his neck.

He stopped talking after that because his lips were too busy kissing mine. It was like electricity ran through my body; we were pretty good together.
He pulled away for a second.

"Come on." He led me to his bedroom.

"Couch would've been fine as well."
I playfully said while he was towering above me, as I was lying on his soft bed.

"Nah, not for the first time."
He replied. I thought I was hallucinating.

"It's hardly my first time."
I teased him.

"With me it is." He said. "And I got you exactly where I want you."

He put his player skills to work and helped me remove my clothes, only leaving my cropped t-shirt on.

I was under the influence; his and the pills. I wanted him so bad; rubbing his bulge was the first thing I did. To my surprise, he didn't need any help; I still had to stroke him though, touch him just a little. He tossed his shirt to the floor, putting himself inside me after spreading my legs a bit more.

I can't believe I haven't been with a man for so long; he definitely showed me what I was missing. He was gripping on me pretty tight, fucking me like we're never gonna see each other again. For a moment there I believed him.
But that wasn't the case.

Waking up the next day I was trying to put the pieces together. I had sex with Rakim.
I let him fuck me.
I looked over and saw him sleeping, looking hella cute. His chocolaty skin was in contrast with white silky sheets covering him from his waist down.

As much as I hate to admit it; I like him.
A lot.

There was just something about him, one tiny thing that filled the giant hole inside my chest; at least it felt that way.

I wanted to admire his soft features and an incredibly cute sleepy face, so I lied back down on my side, facing him.

He opened his eyes a few minutes later, grinning at me then burying his face in the pillow.
His arm was wrapped around me in no time; he pulled me closer.
Cuddles.
Just goes to show how wrong I was about him.

His fingers were tangled in my hair as his lips found mine again. Pretty soon I was right back on top of him, riding like it's for dear life.
He made me feel real good.

"Stay."
He convinced me.

"Why? Don't you have friends waiting?"
I asked but he only shook his head.

"I want you." He leaned closer and whispered.
"Again and again and again..."
His lips touched my neck, making me shiver.
"And then once more."

I chuckled and wrapped my hands around his neck, kissing him. Then I got on all fours and waited.
"Oh, yeah baby. I'mma fill you up real good."

Grabbing me by the hips, he took me from behind.
I was on cloud nine.

💛

He had to make a run to the bar after receiving a call and let me shower, get ready in peace. I told him I'd meet him there, picking up some takeout on the way.

I can't believe he trusted me enough to let me stay in his apartment by myself.
I took a shower and when I came back to the bedroom, I saw he left me the smallest white tee he owned. I chuckled to myself and got dressed.

Picking up some thai food, I arrived at the Siren and went straight to Rakim's office.

I knocked on the door and the surprises just kept on coming; some girl opened it, heading out. She smiled at me before she passed by.
"Bye Rocky!"

I rolled my eyes, stepping inside and shutting the door.

I put the food and his apartment keys on the desk and sat down on one of the chairs.
He was looking at me, smiling.

"This emergency didn't look too bad." I was referring to the woman from before.

"Not that kind of emergency, baby cakes."
He replied.

Somehow I didn't believe him. Judging by the red lipstick smudge on his yellow shirt it was a lie.
But I knew what he's like.
It's why I was set on keeping it all on a friendly level;
We were friends with a lot of benefits;
Unfortunately love wasn't one of them.