14.

Know what happens every time you leave, always come back.

I was staring at my ghost, speechless, trying to grasp if she's real or maybe I'm still high.

Something in me was preventing me from taking a step, I froze, hoping she would just go away.

There was a remorseful expression on her face; she gave me a little grin and looked at me straight in the eyes.

I couldn't just run away; I had no other choice but to face my demons.
So I started walking towards her.

"Hey."

Her voice was different, raspier than I remember.

The closer I got, more noticeable the dark circles under her eyes were. Lips were a little chapped, her eyes looking like they were made of shiny glass.

She needs a hit, I knew.

"Why are you here?"
I didn't mean to give her a hard time, I swear; it's just that the memories were stronger.

"I was in the neighborhood."
She lied. I knew what she was there for and I wasn't going to give her that.

I unlocked my door and threw my bag inside, closing it right way. Not letting her in seemed like the right decision.

"Can I come in?"

"No." I sternly said.

"Why not?"
She asked as if she doesn't remember anything.

"You know why. Now, what do you want?"

It hurt me to see her like that; an addict. When I met her she was so beautiful; youth and bliss just pouring out of her. She used to have this spark; but it faded away.

"To see you. I missed you."
Another lie.

"Right. I'm not letting you in or giving you any money so take a good look." I scoffed.

"I'm sorry Dita, please let's just talk. I want to talk."
She begged.

"And I don't!"
I raised my voice.

She was pretty taken aback; I bet she thought I would let her come back whenever just because I loved her once.

"What the hell do you want from me?"
I practically yelled at her.

She took a step back and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear, then stuck her hands in her pockets.

"You used me and tossed me out like a fucking rag. What are you doing here??"
I wanted to know.

She just shook her head and stormed off.

Entering my apartment I locked the door and poured myself some vodka.

I was sitting on the couch, blankly staring at the wall, thinking.

What is the purpose of all this shit that's been happening to me?
When I told Minna I never want to see her again, I meant it.

Rakim texted me an hour later, saying he's on his way to my place. I replied with ok.

Sipping on my colorless drink, I reminisced of my high school days when Devin and I got high on our prom night; to which we went together of course. Our dates both ditched us.

"I got you a present!"
I proudly stated, showing off my expensive pills.

We were sitting by the bleachers on the grass.

"What is it?"
He asked.

"Drizzy says it's better than anything you ever tried."
I said, handing him one.

"Bitch, you mad!"
He exclaimed.

"Yeah, I will be when we down this shit."

"Well then, bottoms up!"
He said and we popped it with some water.

Ten minutes later I was tripping like never before. Everything I saw was made of pretty pastel colors, glitter and cotton candy. I was rolling on the grass, grinning like an idiot, reaching out to Devin with my hand.

When our fingertips touched, I flinched. It felt like sticking a fork into a socket.

It was divine.

____

I swore I will try my best to find someone who makes me feel at least a little piece of heaven that is the unnamed pink pill.

A knock on the door snapped me out of my euphoric flashback. It was Rakim.

I was super glad to see his face after everything that happened that day.
I opened the door and sighed out loud.
There he was, him and his beautiful wide smile, standing there just for me.

Sticking out my arms, I wrapped them around him, pressing myself against his musky scented shirt.

As fucked up as it sounded, he was my pink pill.