03.

My all gold grills give her cold chills.

I woke up to the sound of my cellphone vibrating on my nightstand. Devin.

"Pronto?" I picked up.

"Hey Teedee!"
He chuckled. It's a nickname he made up when we were in high school, stoned like two squirrels on a power trip. He said my name sounds like the word titties; my name is Dita.
We laughed and it stuck. He's been calling me that ever since.

"Hey!" I was mumbling, still sleepy.

"What's up, did I wake you or something?"

"Mmmm, maybe."

"Alright, I gotta go soon so I'm just calling to tell you I'm in town tonight. You got time for a drink?" He asked.

"Of course, you kidding me? The couch is waiting for you! Come by when you get in." I was hyped. Haven't seen him in almost a month now.

"Cool. I'll give you a ring."

"Oh, uhm... call me, my buzzer is broken."
I remembered.

"Okay. I'll see you soon."

"Kay, bye baby." I joked. People used to comment on us constantly hanging out; everyone thought we were hooking up even though we never have. So we started joking about it, throwing words of affection around.

"Bye Teedee."

I hung up and buried my face in the pillow, covering myself with the duvet. An hour passed and then I got out of bed.

I was stoked that Devin was coming to see me. To be honest I never thought about him as anything else but a friend. We just have that unbreakable family like bond; almost like a brother-sister love. I did miss him though, we used to hangout a lot more but eventually we grew up and got jobs; we have separate lives now.

During the day I was tidying up the condo, got the couch ready for him and went to the grocery store to get some food. I was also wondering where we could go; he's the guest, I guess he'll decide, I thought to myself.

I got a text from Devin at approximately 7pm.

"Biiiiitch!" He yelled out, greeting me from my doorway. I let the door open when he called and told me he's here.

"Bitch!" I loudly said and wrapped my arms around him, pulling him into a hug, making him drop his bag.

"Damn, it's good to see you." He said. I pulled away and grabbed his only piece of luggage.

"You too." I shut the door.

"How you been?"
He asked as we were making our way to the living room.

"Eh, you know me. I've been good. You?"
I set his bag down by the couch as he went straight to the balcony.

"Working, but I'm doing alright." He replied.

"Good to hear. You hungry?"
I was planning on ordering or making something, I let him pick.

"I could eat."
He smiled.

"Uhm, okay! I stacked the fridge but we can get some take out if you want. Your choice."

"I don't wanna bother you with cooking. How bout we get some pizza now and make breakfast tomorrow?" He suggested.

"Sure. Order, here are the numbers, I'll be back in a sec." I showed him the flyers I saved from different takeout places.

I went to the bedroom to change and grab the good stuff; by that I mean my friend mary jane. Old friends, old habits.

Three hours later we were full, chilling on the balcony, laughing our asses off, smoking the second joint. We weren't that high but we did want a few drinks and I don't keep liquor in the house. Nothing personal, I just never buy it; drinking at home never appealed to me. Also, I rarely have guests.

"We going out?" He asked.

"Sure. There's a place a few blocks down, pretty solid, good music. Wanna check it out?"
I meant the Siren of course.

"Let's go." He was up for it right away.
This time, I wouldn't be caught dead in them sweatpants. I pulled out my best jeans.
They were high waisted, dark blue and a little washed out. They fit perfectly with a long sleeved crop top in red. I put some red lipstick on as well and jumped into my favorite sneakers, white Nikes.

I only needed a few minutes to get ready and we were on our way to the bar. A tiny piece of me hoped to see that hoodie from the night before; I might've prettied up just for him, I don't know. Can't really say.

We walked in, sat down at one of the tables and had a welcome drink - a shot of vodka. I kept looking around but the hoodie was nowhere to be seen. I was a little disappointed but quickly got over it after Dev and I had another shot and a cocktail. We were dancing, having fun and getting pretty crazy. We always turn up when we go out.

Then I went to the bathroom where the line was ridiculous. I only wanted to check if my makeup was still in tact and wash my hands so I turned right to the mens room.
Suddenly the door opened and almost hit me in the head.

"Fuck!" I cussed, pushing it.

"Oops, sorry!" The guy apologized. I let it slide. I washed my hands, checked my face and walked out before another awkward encounter happened.

It was pretty crowded and as I was making my way back to the table, someone grabbed my arm and pulled me back. I turned around and took a good look at his face; it was him.