20.

Stackin' presidents like a Lego.

To summarize our break in Miami; we woke up, had breakfast, went to the beach or the pool, had lunch later on and in the afternoon we spent some time at the hotel room, fucking like it's our last vacation. We went shopping twice, out for a drink in the evening and even hit the club once.
We were on fire.

Soon, it was time to go home and I offered to be the first one driving. Rakim was exhausted from everything; more than me.
Our last night was pretty crazy. We spent the whole night fucking in every single corner of our hotel room, so I didn't blame him; he needed a few extra hours of sleep.

After an almost five hour drive, I stopped at a gas station. Besides having to fill up the tank, I also needed to pee and restock our mini bag of refreshments; red bull plus water.
After I paid for everything, I moved the car to a small parking lot right by the station. It was empty.

I woke Rakim up.
"Hey, wake up baby."

I gently shook him until he opened his eyes.
"What's up?"

"I have to go pee, wait until I come back, I don't wanna lock you in."
Safety first, right?

"Sure, go on."
He jumped out of the car and lit up a cigarette.

I was fast, came back and saw him walking up to me.

"My turn."
He grinned, still looking sleepy.

I popped the trunk open, looking for my bag, I wanted to change my shirt. While I was going through our stuff, I noticed a small bag I haven't seen before. At least we didn't take it with us to Miami.

I wouldn't be me if I just left it there. I pulled it closer, just so I could unzip a bit of it and see the contents.
The zipper opens and my jaw drops.
And not in a good way.

There were stacks of money inside, I don't even know how much; a lot.
I fully unzipped it, also revealing a pack of pills. They were colorless and I instantly recognized it as fentanyl.

Closing the bag back up, I shoved it back in the trunk, below all the other luggage we had.

What the fuck is he doing?

Hoping this wasn't the real reason for our vacay to Miami, I closed the trunk and returned to the car, waiting for Rakim.
I just wanted to go home.

He sure did a banging job of keeping me up.
I wasn't even a bit sleepy or tired; I just kept on driving.

But I couldn't keep quiet.

He was changing the radio station, grinning at me when I looked at him.

"Where did that bag come from? The small black one."

He raised his brow and I could tell by his face expression that he was trying to think of something to say; a lie.

"Rakim, I'm not playing. Whose bag is that?"
I asked again.

"One of my homies asked me to drop it off."

I was disappointed as fuck; he kept lying to me.

"I'll give you one last chance to tell me the truth or I'm gone."

"Baby cakes..."

"What? Huh? Fucking what?"
I raised my voice.

"It ain't that simple."

"Yes it is!"

"Baby, please. It don't concern you."
He defended himself.

"We were in Florida! Of course it concerns me! We're packing fentanyl and god knows how much money; are you crazy for not telling me?"
I popped off, stopping at the side of the road, exiting the car.

He was right behind me.

"Fuck!"
I cussed loudly.

"Dita, get back in the car. I'm driving, come on."
He reached out for my hand, but I pulled it away.

"Not until you explain. This is your last chance Rakim, I'm not kidding."
I was being serious.
"Either you tell me the truth or we are done when we get back to Atlanta. Think long and hard who you're gonna lie to."

He hesitated but I gave him no other choice.

"Okay fine. Just come here."

I sighed loudly, returning to the car; passenger seat. He was driving.

"Start with the money."
I huffed.

"My friend owed it to me, that's why I met him in the first place."

"Fine. Was this an excuse for our so called 'vacation'?"
I wanted to know everything.

"No. I would've gone and taken care of this alone. I wanted for us to take a few days off so there, I asked you to come."
He explained.

I buried my face into my palms.
"What about the drugs?"

"It's a part of what he owed me. I'mma sell it, get rid of it as soon as possible."

"Jesus."
I leaned my head back.

"I'm sorry baby."
He put his hand on mine, squeezing.

"Sorry is not gonna cut it. We're driving across state lines, what the fuck?! What if we get pulled over by the police, huh? Did you ever think of that?"

"I know, I should've told you. Look, I still don't want you getting mixed in all this."
I know he wanted to protect me. But you don't do that by lying.

"I'm not going to; but I need to know. In case it backfires, in case anything happens, I need to know."

He nodded.
He knew I was right.