Chapter Twenty-Six [Finale-Explicit]

Chapter Twenty-Six

"I have one question," Evrain said, looking between Aiden and I. "What the actual fuck?"

I took a single, disgusted, glance at Kronos' dead body and resisted the urge to kick him over and over again. That he was alive to feel them. Because his death would never be enough to make up for what he did to Maree. To my life- and it sure as hell wasn't going to bring my mother back. "I'll tell you when we get to HQ. And make sure you burn his fucking body. I don't want anyone trying to resurrect him. I've seen Supernatural enough times to know that you must always burn the body."

"Supernatural?" Kadmos asked. "I don't know what that is, but you're right. If one of his followers got their hands on his corpse, there is a possibility that he could be brought back."

I frowned. "Oh yeah, speaking of his followers... where are they? They all tried to escape when my mom-" I choked on my words. I didn't want to say any of that aloud, because that would make it real. And I didn't want to think about that at that moment. The only thing I was concerned about was getting the hell out of there.

"We've captured most of them," Kadmos said. "We've taken them back to the HQ cells. I'm going to figure out what we're going to do with them later. A lot of them did manage to escape, however. And of that Ashton Waters boy? Is he dead?"

"Oh shit," Aiden said from beside me. "I remember he ran as soon as things started to get messy. You didn't capture him?"

Evrain shook his head. "No." He cursed under his breath. "I can't believe he fucking got away."

"We're just going to have to deal with that later," Aiden said, wrapping an arm around my shoulders. I looked up to his violet eyes, still hidden behind the black mask of his suit. But they were so familiar... I immediately felt myself relax to his touch. "I think we've all had a rough night. We all need some rest."

Evrain and Kadmos both looked at each other. Evrain gave Kadmos one of the largest smiles I had ever seen, and my heart warmed for the boy. All though it was kind of weird- Evrain and my father- I guess they were good for each other. I could tell as much by the equally adoring look Kadmos had in his eyes. They didn't have to say it aloud- as I felt the same towards Aiden- the message was clear. We were all glad that we made it out alive.

"Alright," Aiden said, grinning at the pair's obvious puppy-love. "We're going to head back now." He gripped my hand in his own. "You ready?" He asked and I nodded. "Oh, and try not to press one of those button things on your suit. I would like to keep my hand, thank you."

I snickered and rolled my eyes, but we teleported back to the safety- and dare I say it- the comfort of the HQ, where I found Maree, sitting in a wheelchair accompanied by a nurse, tapping her finger anxiously.

"Maree," I whispered, happiness blooming in my chest.

"I'll leave you two alone, pumpkin," Aiden whispered, kissing me gently on the cheek and then on the forehead. "Come to my room once you're done." He winked and walked away. I would be lying if I said I didn't check out his ass a little.

"Well?" Maree asked, raising an eyebrow. "What the fuck do you have to say for yourself? I wake up in a freaking hospital bed with tubes stuck to my arm, then I hear that you're out there, inevitably planning to die to save the entire fucking world, but leaving me here to live without you!" She started tearing up, and I couldn't help the smile that tugged upon my lips. She sobbed. "What the fuck are you smiling at, jerk? Do you have any idea how worried I was about you? If I weren't in this wheelchair, I would've kicked your ass so many times by now. Well? Don't just stand there! Come here, you idiot!"