Epilogue

Epilogue

Seo Yeon walked quickly down the streets of New York, her body still sore from the battle that happened almost a week before. It was annoying coming from the warm and intense summer of New Zealand and the warmth of the HQ to the muggy but still cold streets of the city, where the snow turned into questionable mush on the sidewalk and the air was extra polluted. Huddling close into her jacket, she glanced around her to make sure that she wasn't being followed as she walked into the designated skyscraper. Her footsteps echoing off the marble floor and she made her way to the elevator. He was waiting for her on the eighteenth floor, the floor that was being renovated. Perfect for secrecy.

She held her breath as she stepped out of the elevator and to their designated room, where Seo Yeon knocked four times, with a two-second break in between each one so he knew it was her.

"It's open," his velvet voice called out.

She pushed the door open quietly, so as to not disturb him. She wasn't shocked at all to find that the lights were all turned off, the only light coming from the ceiling to floor windows of the penthouse room, looking out to the bustling city down below.

Ashton Waters turned to face her and Seo Yeon almost winced. His once handsome face had one half of it completely burnt due to the blast that Nick's mother created the night before. He was too slow to escape completely unharmed, but at least he made it out alive.

"Do they know?" He asked.

Seo Yeon shook her head. "They don't suspect a thing."

Ashton nodded silently. "Any word on the boy?"

"Tomas Vinson?"

Ashton once again nodded.

"Kadmos is planning to recruit him, but he's wanting to observe him for now."

"Good," Ashton hummed, turning back to the window. "Xavier."

Seo Yeon was confused as to who Ashton was talking about, but that was until from the corner of her eye, she saw movement from the shadows of the far corner of the room.

"Yes, boss?" A cheeky but smooth voice rang out through the darkness. Seo Yeon guessed that was Xavier.

"Reach the boy before they do. Befriend him if you can. Make him trust you and then bring him to me, do you understand?"

"Yes, boss," Xavier repeated, and although Seo Yeon couldn't see him, she could hear the smirk in his voice, and the primal tilt to his voice sent shivers down her spine.

"I will carry out Kronos' plans," Ashton said, leaning against the glass and the lights of the city reflected upon his face, showing an unreadable expression. "And this time, even my darling Nick won't be able to get in my way."