Chapter Three

The five years old boy jumped on the couch and rolled off it, making him fell on the soft carpet. He giggled and stood up. He took his airplane toy and ran around the living room. He was so into his own world that he didn't realize where he was heading. And suddenly,

Smash!

The sound echoed throughout the house. The boy fell on the floor and realized what he had done. He accidentally hit the vase and shattered it into pieces. He didn't know what to do so he just sat there looking at the mess.

"Jaebum!" a voice of a woman sounded. She ran toward her son and checked his condition.

"Are you okay? Did you hurt somewhere?" she asked with a very concern voice. She looked at the mess and gasped. The shattered vase belonged to her mom, Jaebum's grandma.

"I-I didn't mean to hit it." Jaebum said.

"It's okay. You're not hurt right?" his mom replied. Jaebum shook his head.

"I'm sorry."

"Next time be careful. Don't run around glass things like this."

"I said I'm sorry okay!" Jaebum raised his voice a bit. His mom was a bit shocked by the sudden high volume.

Jaebum scoffed and went to his room on the second floor. His mom looked at Jaebum ran away and sighed. What did she do wrong? How could her son become hot-tempered at a very young age? This was not the first time it happened. Every time she tried to console her son if he did something wrong, Jaebum would become mad.

"Oh honey, what should I do to him?" his mom whispered while sighing.

Being a single mom was hard. Jaebum's father was not there anymore. He involved in a car accident on the second day of Jaebum came to this world. The bad news crashed his mom into pieces and she felt like losing hope. But every time she looked at her son, she felt like there was still had hope. Life must go on. She couldn't give up now. Not when her precious son was just two days old. With help from her parents, she managed to stand up back, barely.

But maybe because there was no father in Jaebum's life, he became like that. Hot tempered. Maybe because his mom was a soft-hearted woman. Maybe because she couldn't be strict with her son. She sighed once again and started to clean up the mess.

Meanwhile, on the second floor, Jaebum stomped his small feet loudly on the floor while pouting, heading toward his room. He entered the room and slammed the door not too hard. He looked down and sighed. Suddenly, the guilt of yelling at his mom came to him. He wanted to go to his mom and apologized at her once again but the ego inside him held him back. Poor boy, he was too young to understand what ego was. He jumped on the bed and leaned on the wall. He stared at the wall blankly.

"I know it's my fault. But I already said sorry right? No need to be mad." He complained.

Time passed with Jaebum playing inside his room when he heard a voice, maybe more than one voice downstairs. Curiosity all over him as he slowly opened the door and peeked his head out. The voices got clearer and Jaebum felt like he recognized that voices. He exited his room and approached the voices.

"Eunbyeol, where's Jaebum?" a voice of a woman spoke.

"Oh, he's inside his room, sulking. He accidentally broke the vase and thought that I was mad at him." his mom replied.

Jaebum scoffed at his mother's answer. When he reached the living room, he saw his cousin was playing with his airplane toy. Suddenly, he became angry and stormed to the latter. His cousin saw Jaebum approaching him and smiled but not Jaebum. He was furious. Standing in front of the small boy, Jaebum snatched the toy from his hand. The boy was shocked by Jaebum's action.