Chapter Twenty-one

~Mark's p.o.v~

Mom said there is something wrong with me...

Dad said I need to be treated...

My friends... wait, let me rephrase that, my so-called friends said that I'm crazy...

I'm not crazy. I don't need to be treated. There is nothing wrong with me. I'm fine. I'm not sick. I just see... things sometimes. I swear it didn't affect me... I promise I will pretend like it's nothing.

I sat in the middle of my room, facing the large window, hugging my knees. As the sapphire moonlight entered my darkroom. The cold wind gently greeted my face, a soft blow that sent chills to my entire body. Everything was so peaceful. And so I hoped that my life was as peaceful as tonight.

It happened again this evening. Things... it just happened. It made me suffocated. I felt like there was no air around me. All the things that were not supposed to move, moved by itself. I screamed and screamed, begging all of it to stop. I ran to the corner of the room because I felt like everything was coming toward me. The tears kept falling down as I called for my mom. I saw her entered my room before I hid my face in my hands. And then I felt an embrace. It's comforting but not the comfort I was looking for. A hand caressed my hair. After what it felt like forever, I felt like everything was okay now. I opened my eyes and saw my mom hugging me. I hugged back, hoping it could calm me down.

"Did it happened again?" she asked and I nodded.

"Mark, please listen to me. You need help. All of this needs to stop. For how long you're gonna pretend like it's fine?" my mom said.

"But I am fine. I swear. It happened but it's okay now right? So no need to worry." I defended myself.

"Let me bring you to see the doctor."

"No, I don't want. I'm not crazy!" I let go of the hug and ran to my bed, hiding under the blanket.

I stayed there until night and here I was, staring at the moon. A knock on the door was heard but I just ignored it. Probably dinner that I skipped, but I didn't have the appetite.

"Mark, can you come down for a bit? We have something to talk to you." My mom said from behind the door.

I let out a sigh and stood up. Exited the room, I found out that it was weirdly quiet. Usually, my little sister would watch the television at a time like this. I went to the living room and saw my parents were talking to a few people in white outfits. My father saw me, and the others turned around, also looking at me. The people in white smiled at me. I looked at them confused.

"Mark, this is for your own good." My mom said in an apologetic tone, hugging my sister.

"Hi, Mark. I'm Doctor Kim. You can call me Kim if you want. I'm here because your parents told me that you are special. So, I really want to know more about you. Can we talk for a while?" a woman with a gentle smile said at me.

"No, I'm not crazy. I already told you all! I'm not crazy!" I yelled before running to the stairs.

"Catch him!" a male voice commanded, and I felt strong hands grabbed me from behind.

I tried to fight but failed because there were too many people that held me. I yelled, demanding them to let me go. My eyes fell on my parents. But they just watched me being held like an untamed animal. That looks hit me hard. I never felt so betrayed by my own parents. I grunted in pain as I felt something sharp penetrated a spot on my neck. Suddenly, I felt my body became weak, my eyes started to become heavy. My head spinning. The last thing I saw was my crying sister before my eyes went shut.