Chapter Thirty

Jaebum felt like his life was being blessed. Everything went well for him. His circle of friends grew. Not that he got a lot of friends. Only a few that he cherished so much. Except for Yugyeom. That boy was annoying as hell. Always find a way to trigger his anger. Even though it was Jinyoung who Yugyeom annoyed the most, the latter got his own way to control the younger. Talking about Jinyoung, the precious thing ever happened in his life. That boy was an angel in Jaebum's eyes. Everything about Jinyoung was perfect. He was the only one that could control and tame Jaebum's anger. Jaebum couldn't describe how much he loved the latter. Honestly, what could have gone wrong?

Okay, maybe he said that too early. He felt like his world crashed into pieces when he received the call from his stepdad. Yes, finally after years of being a single mom, his mother got married again a few months ago after being in a relationship for a year. The guy seemed nice and Jaebum gladly accepted him as part of his family. Okay back the main topic, the reason why his father called him because his mom got into an accident and currently at the hospital.

"Okay, I will be there as soon as possible." Jaebum said and declined the call.

His knees turned weak as he fell on the floor, too shocked by the news. Jinyoung happened to enter his room when the latter saw Jaebum sat on the floor.

"What wrong Jaebum?" Jinyoung asked when he kneeled beside his boyfriend.

"M-my mom... Hospital." Jaebum stuttered with teary eyes. Jinyoung's eyes widened.

"I'll call Jackson." He said as he ran out of the room.

The three of them got into Jackson's car, heading towards the said hospital. Jackson focused on the road as he slammed the pedal hard, speeding on the road not caring for the other cars. Jaebum at the back, was at the urge of crying, clutching Jinyoung's hand tightly, hoping that his tears didn't flow down. Jinyoung beside him kept muttering encourage words while hugging the latter.

They reached the hospital and Jackson told the two to go first while he parked the car. Jinyoung got out and led Jaebum into the hospital. Jinyoung asked the nurse at the receptionist while Jaebum at the back, letting his head laid low. He didn't know where they were heading. He just let Jinyoung dragged him around. Jaebum only looked up when someone patted his shoulder. His stepdad. The man looked like he needed some strength and Jaebum gladly let the father hugged him.

"Is mom okay?" Jaebum asked in a low voice, afraid that the damp of tears might crumble down.

"I don't know Jaebum. The doctor won't let me enter the room yet."

Jackson arrived right after. Jinyoung told him what happened, and they stayed in the corridor. After 30 minutes of painful silence, the door opened, and the doctor and nurses walked out. The four men stood up, waiting for the doctor to say something.

"Doctor is my wife okay?" the father asked.

"I'm sorry. The injury is too severe. I'm afraid there's nothing we can do. You can meet her now." The doctor said and Jaebum ran into the room, followed by Jinyoung.

The doctor stopped the father and said something. Jackson stayed beside him and listened. Jaebum approached his mom and his damp of tears broke down. He gently hugged her, avoiding all the wires and tubes that connected to her body. It was a painful sight to watch. Jaebum felt movement from his mom and he raised his head. His mom was looking at him, full of love.

"My son, Jaebum... why are you crying? Are you okay?" her voice was weak but loud enough for Jaebum heard it.

"Dust entered my eyes. I'm okay." But he cried harder.