Chapter Six

Years passed and Jaebum was still the same hot-tempered Jaebum. Okay, maybe a bit much. Almost everything pissed him off now. When the class got too loud when the teacher nagged a lot. He once shouted in his class just because others were too loud. So now, basically, everyone was scared of 16 years old Im Jaebum. But with his good-looking face and his slightly muscular body, all girls have a crush on him. He maybe had that 'bad boy' aura that every girl liked but they were too afraid to approach him because he was too fierce.

Even though, he was heartless with everyone, but not with his mom. He didn't show his anger at his mom after a few incidents that he caused that upset his mother. So, he just being cautious with his mom. The school, they just tired with him always getting into trouble. Everyone seemed like to mess up with Jaebum apparently.

Jaebum, he knew that he's hot-tempered. He knew he had to control it. It's not good for him. But how? He was like this since five. It was already in his blood. He needed something or someone to tame his anger. Jaebum once thought that if he didn't want to hurt anyone, he'd better stayed with his mother only. He only needed his mom.

But, fate was really not on Jaebum's side all the time. Sometimes, he wondered why, out of all students in this school, why they always come for him. They already know what would happen if they messed up with Jaebum. Was there some kind of bet between them that if someone won a fight with Jaebum, they would get something in return?

Jaebum was at his locker, minding his own business when a group of boys approached him. He saw them coming but he just ignored them. One of the boys leaned against the locker beside Jaebum. Jaebum tried to imagine that they didn't exist because he knew what would happen next. He had to find a way to avoid getting into a fight. He didn't want to make his mom disappointed with him, again. But the thing just got worse when one of the boys decided to slam Jaebum's locker, making the latter a bit startled. He snapped at them. Four boys, they were two years older than Jaebum. Jaebum made a poker face.

"So, you are the Im Jaebum?" Jihoon, as what Jaebum saw on the nametag at his shirt, said.

"Why?" Jaebum asked.

"Let's fight. I want to know who is stronger." Jihoon said.

"I surrender. You're the strongest now. Satisfied?" Jaebum said and leave.

"How dare you!" Jihoon pushed the latter.

Jaebum turned back and looked at him. His facial expression changed a bit. Jihoon smirked and beckoned Jaebum with his finger. Jaebum sighed and asked,

"What you want from me?"

"I want to beat your ass." Jihoon answered.

"Don't have to. You win, remember?"

"Why? Too coward?"

"No, I'm just sick of childish people like you." Jaebum said and it made Jihoon furious.

He threw a punch but Jaebum dodged it effortlessly. Losing balance, Jihoon fell to the ground. His friends chuckled a bit. Jihoon stood up and glared at his friends and they stopped chuckling. A few of the students around the lockers saw the incident and leave.

"Look, as a junior, I don't want to be disrespectful to you guys. So, can I just leave?" Jaebum asked.

"No. You can leave after I'm satisfied with you." Jihoon said.

Jihoon started to attack Jaebum again but every hit got dodged easily by Jaebum. Right now, Jaebum was already pissed off with this Jihoon guy. This useless fight needed to stop. He kneeled down and punched Jihoon's chin from below, giving the boy an uppercut. With that single blow, Jihoon fell to the ground again.