Chapter Thirty-Two

~Jackson p.ov~

"We have to move to China." My father said to me.

"Wait, what? Why?" I asked, dumbfounded.

"The situation over here is getting worse. All the other clans are joining forces. They want to take us down." My father's assistant informed.

"Everyone keeps accusing us of the source of the chaos that happens." My father added.

"So we need to retreat back to China where our clan is stronger there. It just for a while. Only until everything goes back to normal." He continued.

"Means that I have to leave Mark." I whispered to myself.

"I feel like someone wants us to leave." the assistant said.

"I think this is that darn boy's plan from the beginning. He really wants us to be over." My father interrupted. Some of our men nodded, agreeing with their boss's statement.

Suddenly, my phone started to ring. I excused myself out of the room to answer the call. It was from Mark. It's midnight. Why did he call me?

"Hello."

"Jackson, I don't know what is going on but there are people outside my house. My mom said that they were trying to get inside the house just now. They have weapons." Mark spoke. His voice sounded scared.

"Did you call the police?"

"That's why I call you. We already called the police an hour ago, but they still didn't arrive yet." Mark replied.

"Give me five minutes. Don't let your parents near the window when I arrive."

"What are you going to do?"

"Something that you don't want to see."

---

We arrived at Mark's house and I could see around six-seven men were standing at the front yard, obviously waiting for the right time to invade the house. We parked the car right in front of their van and I got out, followed by my other men. Folding my arms, I took out my gun and watched them retreated back to their vehicle silently. No blood would fall on the ground tonight.

One of them gave me one last glare before they sped away. Letting out a sigh, I rubbed my face. Seemed like they found out about Mark. They absolutely gonna used him as the hostage to make my clan surrender or me alone. My other men started to do their job by checking around the house without I had to order them. Any thread should be eliminated once and for all. I dialed Mark's number.

"Hey, Mark. Everything clear now. They already are gone." I said.

A few moments later, the front door opened, and Mark ran toward me. He hugged me and let out a relieved sigh. I patted his back.

"I'm so worried about you." Mark said.

"Why should you worry about me? Your life was in danger just now." I chuckled.

"What if something happened to you? I saw them holding weapons."

"Well, I also have one." I showed the gun I hid inside my hoodie.

He was shocked at the sight and I quickly hid it back. My men came back, and they said that the house was cleaned.

"Mark, there's something you need to know, and it might involve you." I said carefully.

"What is it?" he already sounded anxious.

"Other mafia groups are threatening my group and my father thinks that we should retreat back to China. Until everything goes back to normal."