Chapter Nineteen

"So, he asked you to be his boyfriend?" Mark asked the boy in front of him.

Jinyoung looked down and fiddled with his fingers. He then nodded. Why couldn't he have a normal life with a normal relationship? Why did he have to stuck in this hospital? All Jinyoung wanted was to be in love with Jaebum. But fate seemed like not having it.

"I really want to be his boyfriend. But being here just gonna make it complicated. Plus, I'm afraid that he's gonna leave me if he knows the truth."

"Well, Jackson come here almost every week just to disturb me. He's really a pain in the ass but he's lucky he's cute though. The thing is if that brat can still disturb me even though he knows that I'm in here, what makes it different from Jaebum? You said that Jaebum is studying psychology, right? So, I'm pretty sure that he will understand your situation." Mark leaned against the wall behind him.

"Wait, Jackson come here every week? Is there something between you two?" Jinyoung asked.

"That Jackson guy, better be careful around him. I feel something off with him." Chiko who was on Jinyoung's shoulder the whole time spoke up.

"He said that he likes me, but I rejected him. And he doesn't give up. Don't change the topic okay? Just tell Jaebum the truth already." Mark said as his eyes went to two boys behind Jinyoung, walking toward them. One of them smiled at Mark while the other just frowned.

"Jinyoung?" the frowned one said.

Jinyoung's eyes went wide as he snapped his head to the back so fast that his neck could break because he knew that voice. The two stared at each other and the other two, Mark and Jimin just looked at both, clueless.

"Jaebum..." Jinyoung sounded small.

Mark finally realized what was happening and what would happen. So he stood up and looked at Jimin.

"Hey blondie, let's talk over there." Mark said to Jimin. The latter nodded and followed him.

With the two leaving, Jinyoung instantly avoided the stare. Jaebum came closer and sat beside Jinyoung, so close that their thighs touched. Jaebum needed to confirm that all of this was real.

"Please don't leave me." was the first thing Jinyoung said.

---

Jaebum rubbed his temple after he listened to Jinyoung's explanation. Never in his life, he felt this. Being betrayed by the one that he adored. Now everything made sense now. Why Jinyoung always avoided the questions about where he lived. Always declined the help to assist him home. Why he always could meet at night only.

"I'm sorry, Jaebum. I've already had a feeling for you when we first met. I'm afraid that you're gonna leave me if you know the truth." Jinyoung grabbed the boy's hand.

Jaebum looked at their intertwined hands and sighed. He's not angry at the latter. He was just sad that Jinyoung hid the truth. Because no matter what it was, Jaebum would never leave him. He already blindly in love with Jinyoung. There was nothing could stop him from loving the latter.

"I'm not gonna leave you and I'm not mad at you. I'm just sad. How could you do this to me? Jinyoung, I love you. I love you so much that I will do anything for you. But this thing breaks my heart." Jaebum confessed. Jinyoung frowned at the last sentences.

"Please Jaebum, don't leave me..." Jinyoung gripped the hand tighter. His eyes started to get watery.

"Stop it. I'm not gonna leave you." Jaebum raised Jinyoung's head by the chin.

They looked at each other's lips. Their faces were close. Jaebum leaned forward but he hesitated. Releasing the chin, he backed off. Jinyoung was a bit disappointed but he didn't show it.

"We can't do that in public." Jaebum said.

"What are you doing here by the way? And who is he?" Jinyoung asked, pointing his finger at Jimin who was talking to Mark.

"He is my teammate. We have a group project that we have to interview a patient here. We got Mark Tuan." Jaebum explained.

"Mark is my friend here. He was a bit hard to approach but he's a kind person." Jinyoung said.

"Not sure though. He seems pretty comfortable with Jimin." Jaebum stated as he saw the two was chuckling.

"How do you escaped from this place every night we met?"

"I-I have my own way." Jinyoung lied.

After talking for a while, Jaebum went to Jimin and Mark who were about to finish their conversation too. Jinyoung stared at Jaebum with a sad face. They have an agreement that Jinyoung had to agree even though it would hurt him. Jaebum said that if he wanted to get out of this place faster, they had to stop seeing each other for a while. Jaebum was like a distraction for Jinyoung to recover. They both admitted that they would miss each other but Jaebum said it was for the best.

"And Jinyoung, please don't escape from the hospital again. I don't want you to get into trouble. Don't go to the park anymore at night because I won't be there anymore. I know I sound heartless but it's for your own good. When you are out of here, I promise, I will make you the happiest person in the world." Jaebum caressed Jinyoung's cheek. They hugged for a brief moment.

Mark stood up and shook hands with Jimin. He went to Jaebum and patted his shoulder before walking to Jinyoung. Jaebum rubbed the back of his neck as Jimin approached him.

"Sorry for not helping with the project. Something... unexpected happened." Jaebum apologized at the shorter one.

"Mind sharing?" Jimin asked, smiling.

"That guy, Jinyoung... we're kinda in a relationship. But he hid the truth about him being in this hospital, so it shocked me to meet him here."

"I see. You both looked good together though. Like you two are really meant for each other." Jimin sincerely said, making Jaebum blushed.

"How about Mark? Did he cooperate for our project?"

"Really cooperate. He's so kind. A bit shy but that's okay. He agreed to meet again in the future." Jimin said.

Jaebum nodded and they went to find the other three. Jimin promised to say nothing about what happened between Jaebum and Jinyoung to the other members and Jaebum felt so grateful that he got a friend like him.

And one thing for sure, he's gonna miss his beloved Jinyoung so much after this. He didn't know when would the latter finished his treatment, but he would wait. No matter how long it took.

~~~~~~~

chapter nineteen done~

I believe this is the shortest chapter I've ever written. But I promise the best thing is in the next chapter. so... stay tuned. HINT? it's a thirst-quenching chapter ( you know what I'm talking about *sip tea* ). 

so...

this is how I picture Jimin in this story if you all curious

this is how I picture Jimin in this story if you all curious. Serendipity. I love the word and the meaning.

thank you for reading my story. Please vote, comment and share if you like it. I appreciate it so much. I love you guys 💖💓🧡💗💜💚💝💛💙