||102||

Edited: 04/06/24

Reuploaded: 06/06/24

° ❄️ °
One day later_

Shikamaru's PoV

I decided, now that I know where y/n usually is, to go and visit her... With food...

Kurenai sensei told me that she usually takes y/n food because she doesn't get enough time to go get anything to eat but I'm taking over that job because I don't think that she should be moving. She's getting closer and closer to her due date, and it can't be good for her or the baby to move around so much.

"No!" I heard y/n shout as I was about to turn around the corner. I stopped and just listened.

"I told you, I'm going home tonight. I can't just keep working days and nights, I'm going to get extremely sick, or I could die!" y/n said, her voice oddly calm considering the conversation, "not only that but I miss Shikamaru. Considering everything I've been doing, I'm certain you can give me a freaking break to spend a little time with my boyfriend."

"I know how you feel, y/n, I really do. But we need all this finished before you get too tired to continue," a female voice replied.

"Too tired? The hell? Why is that the reason?" y/n asked, her voice slightly raised.

Oh man—I've never seen her angry before, I don't really want now to be the first time either. What a drag...

"Come on, y/n, you know if you rest you—" the woman started before y/n interrupted her.

"No! You know, I really wish that I didn't seek you people out, then I wouldn't have had to deal with this rubbish!" y/n was now shouting, I heard a door slam and decided to turn around the corner to see it was her Aunt, Mina.

"She doesn't mean that, I hope you know that," I spoke up, Mina turned and looked at me sadly before walking away.

What have they been forcing y/n to do?

I walked to the closest door, guessing that was the one y/n went into. My hand hovered over the handle when I heard quiet sobbing.

I walked in silently and closed the door before looking around the messy room and finding y/n under a desk. Placing the food on the desk, I crouched down in front of her trembling body.

My heart ached at the sight.

"Hey..." I said quietly.

"It hurts you know?" she whispered, "hearing them scream out in pain so much."

I leaned forward and pulled her into my arms, hers going around my back almost straight away.

"I don't want to do this anymore," her cries were much louder now.

"I won't force you to tell me, but what have you been doing?" I asked her, stroking her h/l h/c hair and rubbing circles on her back. Resting my head against hers I listen to her crying. She doesn't answer. Instead she just cries.

She's broken.

Shikaku's PoV

I was walking around the village as usual.

Not like I have anything else to do.

It's been a while since I've seen y/n, maybe I should take a visit.

No. She hasn't been home for a while so I don't think that she will be there. Shikamaru probably won't be there either, he'll be with Choji or all his friends.

Well... Except Naruto. He's on his mission in the Land of Lightning.

"Good afternoon, Shikaku," I turned to see Choza.