Chapter 1

Lavenderflame 

Lavenderflame 

Silverkit waddled slowly outside of the nursery

Silverkit waddled slowly outside of the nursery. She could hear her mother scolding and hissing at her littermates.

Why did she not let them go outside? There were other cats around so she was safe. She walked to a massive pile of...? What I'm the name of Starclan?

She looked around for answers but nobody saw her. She saw a brown tabby tom walk past her.

"Hewo!" She squeaked.

The tom stopped and looked at her.

"Silverkit?" He asked.

Silverkit was surprised he knew because most of the kits in her litter looked the same. "What's that big pile of stuffs?" She said.

"Silverkit, that's the fresh kill pile and you shouldn't be here." He said softly.

Silverkit blinked at him, trying to process his words.

He sighed and gently picked her up by the scruff and she immediately began to hiss and shriek. "I don't want to go back!"

The tom leaped down in an old badger den which the clan used as a nursery. Her mother sat there, distressed looking for her other kit.

"Lavenderflame?" He asked through a mouthful of fur. Landerflame turned to him. "Silverkit!" She yelped and ran over to her and took her from him and started to lick her.

"Owlflight, thank you so much!" She purred.

Lavenderflame smiled warmly at him while Silverkit glared at him. She thought about how much she hated him now.

Owlfligt dipped his head and leaped out. 

Lavenderflame turned to her. "How did you even get out?"

Silverkit looked back and saw the very high jump for a kit to jump out of and impossible for her to do. Next to the exit, the only way out, there was a long piece of bark she used her tiny claws to climb out of.

Thanks to Owlflight, she couldn't do it anymore. She had to stay cooped up in the nursery all day.

Lavenderflame didn't expect an answer. She lead her with her tail back to the other kits. 

None of them were fun.

There was an older male from Jumpinglight's litter, Flamekit. He was nice but he never wanted to play. His sisters, Branchkit and Skykit always complained.

Silverkit's own two sisters were brats with Flamekit's

There was no one to play with and nothing to do. Silverkit couldn't wait to become an apprentice. Who would she have? 

She thought about the apprentices. She thought about Spiderpaw, the handsome young grey and black male who was always adventurous and willing to do fun things. He played with her once but Lavenderflame shooed him away.

Silverkit was hopeless. Mabye Spiderpaw would be her mentor when he was made warrior?

They would play all day!

Silverkit looked around the den. Boring. Lavenderflame and Jumpinglight talked in the corner and Flamekit was sleeping while their sisters talked.

Was life really this boring? All day? Every day?