Chapter Ten: The Beating

Once upon a time eleven young adults, who should have known better or have a life by then were watching some anime because they had nothing better to do. However little did they realize what was supposed to be four to five episodes turned into a marathon, and they lied with the usual 'oh I'll just watch one more'.

Of course that was a flat out lie, but this is getting boring and to sad and disappointing. They got hungry, and once again no one did grocery shopping for more than two packets of ramen.

So after numerous rounds of rock paper scissors two were sent out to do the deed. The two who lost on purpose because they were tired of the two hours of rock paper scissors after aggressive tying.

"Ok, so we got three packets this time is that enough?" Chiasa asked as we left the grocery store. I quickly the math in my head, "nope. But they'll like it or else" I told her.

She giggled as we walked by an alley when I felt myself getting pulled in against my will as I turned up to see a drunk man staring down at me.

"Kokichi!" Chiasa cried dropping her bags as I surveyed the situation, "run! Just go back home!" I shouted as she looked at me in terror as some more goons started to approach her. She gave me a quick look before booking it.

The other guy looked disappointed as he held me up by the collar of my shirt. I stuck my tongue out at him, "you" the man scorned, "where's our money?" He asked.

"I don't know what you're talking about" I said completely calm hiding all my fear deep inside of me.

I always knew that this would get brought up. We had barely managed to pay for our own necessities, much less pay back the debt from our youth.

"You better get us our money street rat" he threatened pushing me against the wall, "double it!" Someone called, the main guy chuckled.

"You could also let your little girlfriend have some fun with us" the guy said lustful, I bit my tongue as the guy abruptly dropped me and kicked me square in the stomach.

I struggled to get up and ran as they tripped me...laughing.

The next few minutes weren't fun.

♤~♡~◇~♧

The rain fell down heavily as I sniffle taking my rain soaked jacket. I grinned as I felt my teeth shaking, take that b*tch....I can run away...I can live by myself!

I don't need you! I shook my head as I hurried down the street avoiding the stares of others as I looked over into the alleyway in the outskirts of town.

There hunched in the corner was another kid hiding in a small cardboard box. I skipped over and looked down, "what're you doing?" I asked.

The kid had red hair. She looked tiredly at me as she seemed tired with dead eyes. Then she closed her eyes and fell down onto the street and my eyes widened.

"Wow, I'm not that boring!" I teased, hoping that this was some kind of joke. She didn't seem to be joking. What do I do...?

Nervously I crouched down and helped the fainted girl and started walking with the slug basically dragging them away looking for somewhere warm.

♤~♡~◇~♧

"W-where am I...?" A voice asked tiredly, I looked over at them and grinned, we were hiding behind a restuarant.

"Welcome to hell!" I told them. Their eyes widened, "just kidding, that's a lie~" I told them. The girl sighed in relief, "what's your name?" I asked. The girl grabbed her head as she seemed to be in pain.

"I don't remember..." she mumbled. Woah...that's weird... "that's weird" I told her. She looked down embarrassed "I'm sorry...." she mumbled.

"For what?" I asked, "for troubling you...I'll get going..." she said, getting up as she began limping away holding themself tightly.

I bit my tongue, "hey! Wait!" I called, "what...?" The girl asked. I grinned, "why don't you join my organization?" I asked.

It was a simple thing at first, my little organization. It was so cool working with Chi when we first met! And then meeting all of DICE one by one on the street, and eventually orphanages we ran away from.

It's nice knowing I got to meet them! I just wish...that I could've spent more time with them. Instead of knowing about the flowers I cough up every day will eventually leave my organization leaderless...