Chapter 25 Cole

As she shuts the door in my face, a little bit of hope dies inside of me. But this is my last summer here and I am determined to spend it with her.

"Come on, you got to help me!"

"Dude I got to pick my date up for prom and I really think I got chance with hooking up with her tonight"

"It won't take that long we can pick her up on the way"

"Fine, but you owe me"

I don't even know the plan yet, but I need to get my girl back. Ten minutes later I am sitting outside some girl's house, whilst her parents are taking a million photos of her and Justin.

"Hi, I'm Hailey" the girls says, as she climbs into the back of the truck.

"Hey, sorry we are going to have to take a little detour before we go"

"Yeah it's fine Justin told me all about it, as long as we are there before prom king and queen is announced. Who did you guys vote for?"

"Erm I really just need to focus on tonight, I don't really care about that stuff"

"Yeah of course, I'll just shut my mouth, let you think. But it is all quite exciting though, it's kind of like an adventure isn't it. I definitely didn't expect to be spending tonight like this, in some guys car I never met helping him get back with his girlfriend. I'm glad you wanted me to help though, I love seeing couples together Why did you break up? What happened? was it you? Do you think she will forgive you?"

"Hailey, I think your stressing Cole out even more"

"Sorry, sorry" she pretends to zip her mouth. "But what exactly is the plan? Does she know you're coming? How about flowers? You need to get flowers!" it goes on like that the whole drive there, making me temporarily insane. I don't know what Justin sees in her, actually I know exactly what Justin sees in her.

After all our detours we finally arrive and I have to park in a parking lot two minutes down the street, seen as we are so late and the car park is already full.

"Wow, you scrub up good in my suit, Violet better watch or I'll take you off her myself" Justin pouts his lips at me and tries to pull me to him.

"Get off!" I shove him off me and brush down my suit. I hope it does look okay, everything was so last minute. If I would have thought I would have brought my own suit and would match my tie to the colour of Violet's dress. I would have a corsage for her and we would have taken photos together before heading off. Because I would have never of gave up so early all those months ago. I would have fought for her. If only I could go back and change everything. Why did I let her go? Well not anymore.

"Right, so does everyone know what they are doing?"

"Yes, chill out bro, stop stressing. We have talked this over and over"

"I just need this to be perfect"

"I know how much this means to you. Trust me we got this. I won't let anything go wrong. Now go get your girl"

"Thank you" I run off ready to face it all.