Sixteen

"Okay... So, are you going to reveal who you are now?" I was getting a little impatient and they pulled the mask from their head, their hair fell in a mess over their eyes but I instantly knew who it was...

They flicked their blond hair out of their blue eyes and I couldn't believe they were even in front of me.

"Jack?" I asked and he smiled awkwardly.

"Yeah, the guy you seduced so he could get shot in a hotel room. So nice of you to remember me at least." He suddenly got bitter and I was in shock.

"Nothing personal. I didn't know he was going to do that." I awkwardly told him and stared at the ground.

"How are you still alive? Everyone thought you died."

"A cover story." He smiled.
"I know it was Finn that shot me. He doesn't have very good aim. He shot me in the side of my abdomen, I lost a kidney but nothing serious but we pretended I died because it was easier for me to sneak around and find out information."

"Find out information? Why are you telling me?"

"Because you have everything to do with the information." He told me and I just blinked speechless. What information?

"You knew y/m/n right?" He asked me out of the blue. I hadn't heard my aunt's name in so long. Not since I found out she wasn't my real mother.

"Yeah, she was my mother." I lied.

"No, she wasn't." He straight up told me and I pulled a face.
"She was your mother's twin."

"Okay- How-"

"How did I know this?" He asked the question for me.
"I know everything about you." Creepy..:

I started to feel uncomfortable around Jack now. I hardly knew him when Finn was in a band with him and I hardly knew him when he moved away and I hardly knew him when Finn kidnapped me to bring him back to the hotel room.

"So, do you know nothing about your life?" He asked me and I could honestly say everything changed for me...

"No..."

"Didn't you find a sonogram? And a picture of y/m/n and Finn's dad together?" He asked me and I was getting EXTREMELY uncomfortable that he knew all of this...

"Are you stalking me?" I asked and he chuckled as if it was funny.

"Not to make you uncomfortable but you have a lot of people stalking you. That's why you stay hanging around Finn right? Because he makes you feel safe?"

"He's saved me on more than one occasion so I guess..." I could feel the flutter of anxiety build up into a storm inside of me again.

"Figures." He spoke.

"Um... So why did you even want to meet me? Other than tell me you stalk me?"

"Are you this dumb?" Excuse you?
"Hi, I'm the son of y/m/n and Eric Wolfhard." He placed his hand out in front of me for me to shake but I had to process the information...

"Excuse me?"

"I'm your cousin." He told me as if I was stupid. Really not enjoying this kid's attitude.

"Is that all you wanted to tell me?"

"No." He spoke and pulled a piece of paper out from his jacket.
"I believe this letter is for you." He handed me it and I could se my name on the envelope.
"Don't open it now, I got instructions for you to open in privately." He told me and I just placed it in my pocket.

"Who's it from?"

"You'll see." He nodded and placed his mask back on.

"Wait, was that it?" I asked him and he nodded.

"For now. It seems that you aren't ready to learn everything now." He waved before walking away.

Wait...

"What do you mean everything?" What was going on...

How has he been my cousin all along?

Was he even telling the truth?

I'm so confused right now...

Did Finn know this?

I shook my head and made my way back to the place where Finn and Jack would be sleeping in. I crept inside and looked down to see them both still sleeping.

I stared down at my name written over the envelope I was given. I had too much anxiety to open it right now... I didn't know who it was from or what contents it held inside.

I just took my jacket off and placed it over the back of a chair and got into my sleeping bag, staring up at the dull ceiling...

authors note:

I'm sorry this chapter was shorter than the others. I didn't want to drag this one out because there was no need to.