Eight

I stared up at the white ceiling from the bed. I had been in this room for a few days now. I hadn't seen Finn since he tried to bust me out.

That crazy lady had been trying to taunt me everyday. She's been trying to get information out of me over who was after us and what they wanted us for. I ignored her for most part until she got incredibly angry that she would hit the glass and make me jump.

~ flashback ~

I was in the exact same spot I was in the present. Laying on the uncomfortable bed, staring up at the white ceiling and patting a rhythm on my stomach, humming to myself. I heard a door and glanced across to see the crazy lady looking in at me and pulling a face. I heard the speaker buzz, motioning to me that she has turned it on to speak.

"Hope you're comfortable in there." She spoke and I just rolled my eyes, continuing to stare up at the ceiling and continue patting the rhythm before on my stomach.
"I'm here to help you y/n. You need to answer me." She spoke again but I didn't believe her so I continued to ignore her.

I didn't want to be here but I didn't want to give her the satisfaction of having a conversation with me.

"We're on the same side y/n. Just answer my questions this time." She sighed out loudly. I could hear her shuffling what sounded like paper.
"Why are you being chased by people?" There was a big pause.
"Who are the people after you?" I swear I could hear crickets chirping in the background whenever she paused. Doesn't she get the hint?
"We have reason to believe that this is the guy that's after you, do you recognise him?" She continued still trying to get my attention. From the corner of my eye I could see that she was holding up a photograph but it was a blur. I just turned over onto my side with my back towards the glass. I felt like a test monkey, except I wasn't being tested on...

It wouldn't surprise me if they did start to test on me though. With all the equipment they have and all the unknown substances that I had no idea about, I could end up being a test monkey. Should I stop trying to test her patience? How far would she go?

"ANSWER ME GOD DAMMIT Y/N." The crazy lady hit the glass hard with I'm guessing her fist as she screamed. It made me jump out of my skin, I curled up tighter into a ball as my entire body tensed. Blood was pumping around my veins at a faster rate, my heart was struggling in my chest, causing my chest to feel tight from panic. My wide eyes were wobbling and threatened to start pouring out salty liquid.

I didn't want to be here anymore.
I didn't want to be living this life of being chased and captured.
I didn't want to be scared for my life and be held in a prison cell by an intimidating woman that claimed she was my mother...

~ end of flashback ~

I twisted my body to the side and curled myself up into a ball, tucking my head into my knees. The tears fell down my face. I didn't want to be here anymore, I wanted to leave and finally be safe. But, even if I leave I'm just going to be chased by that guy with a gun again. I'm not safe anywhere I go.

They found us at Jack's bunker so what's to say they won't know that that's where I would go if I ever escaped? Even if this obsessed woman won't find us, the other guys would find us...

I have the worst luck ever. I don't know why all of this keeps happening. What did I do to deserve all of this?

I suddenly jumped as I heard the door slide open. It was really loud that it echoed in this isolated room. I twisted my body around as quickly as possible to the source that opened the door. My eyes grew wide and the panic came back as they made their way closer to me.

Authors note: a sorta short chapter but this is mostly just a filler one to get you up to speed with the plot. WARNING: HUGE TRIGGER WARNING IN THE NEXT CHAPTER. I will display the trigger warning at the start of the chapter with the themes that might be triggering, it's perfectly acceptable to skip the next chapter if you aren't comfortable with those themes. I will place a gap between the trigger warning and the continued text in case you want to skip the chapter and don't want to read the first line.