Twelve

y/n's point of view:

My eyes jolted open and I took in a huge breath. All I could see was a dark brown ceiling and I was confused.

I stayed laying there for a few seconds before I attempted to sit up. The walls in this mysterious building were a dark brown wooden color. I didn't know where I was at all but I looked across at my arm to see a needle sticking in the inner side of my elbow. The silver metal sticking in my vein was covered up with a thin strip of white medical tape.

My heart was beginning to pound inside my chest as I scanned the room. I saw a silhouette of a person in the far corner of the room which caused my breath to hitch and I didn't know what to think. Had I been kidnapped?

I remembered being tortured at that underground lab by the demon lady and Finn saved me. Could it be Finn?

"Finn?" My voice echoed in the room shakily. The silhouette started moving and when they made their way into the light, I realized it wasn't Finn at all. They were holding a wooden plank in one of their hands, I had no idea why but I didn't want to find out. They had dark brown hair that curled over their forehead like Finn's did but their curls were more wavy and messy than Finn's. They also had dark brown eyes similar to Finn's...But, it wasn't Finn.

"I'm not Finn sweetie." The boy spoke. I recognized him, he had a familiar face. Like I had seen him before.

"Do I know you?" I asked him. I got nervous when he started walking towards the side of the table I was on.

"I'm Jack." He held his hand out for me to shake and hesitantly I took it and shook his hand. He greeted me with a warm smile but it still made me feel extremely nervous.

"Y/n."

"I know. We go to school together. Well, we did..." he smirked at him. That's where I knew him from. I hadn't been to school in a few weeks with everything that had been happening and neither had Finn...

"So, you're the asshole friend that kept harassing me in school." I glared at him and he crossed his arms against his chest. He was one of Finn's friends, I recognized him from the gang he always hung out with.

"And now I'm the asshole that saved your life." His smirk changed emotions and it seemed like he was happy that he had this one thing that he could hold against me. He had a deep voice that echoed around the empty room.

"What do you mean you saved my life? I thought Finn-"

"He called me. Said you needed blood. We're the same blood type sweetie, so you would be dead if he didn't have me." He pulled up his sleeve to show me the small pin prick hole in his elbow where Finn drew blood from him. It was red and slightly bruised and obviously was done by someone who was inexperienced. I didn't want to ask how Finn knew my blood type...
"You owe me for this."

"How can I owe you if I didn't consent to this?" I rested my hand that was connected to my arm that didn't have a needle poking in it, on the cold metal table by my leg to keep myself balanced as I sat there.

"I didn't have to give you my blood." He shrugged out.

"But you did anyway." We glared at each other for a few seconds. Jack was about to open his mouth but he was interrupted by another voice.

"You're finally awake." I heard Finn's voice and he strolled over to the side of the metal table I was seated at.
"Are you okay?" He asked softly as he cupped his hands over my cheeks. I just nodded and noticed a small, soft smile curve at the edge of his lips.

Out of the corner of my eyes I could see Jack roll his eyes.

"You two need to get a room." He uncrossed his arms from his chest and wandered away from us.

"You need to drink this." Finn handed me a bottle of Gatorade, ignoring Jack's comment. I took the bottle and just stared up at him, wondering why he was suddenly being nice to me.
"Your blood sugar is low. You need to drink something."

I removed the cap from the top and began to drink from the bottle whilst Finn ambled around the table to replace Jack's space next to my impaled arm. His eyes observed the clear liquid inside of the bag that was held up by a stand; a clear tube was connected to a miniature hole in the bottom of the bag. It led down to the needle I felt slicing the vein in my arm. I tried to keep my mind off it so I wouldn't squirm at the feeling but it's all I could think about. My heart beat was raising at every second it was on my mind.

"How are you feeling?" He asked as he turned his attention back towards me, glancing at my eyes.

"Like I had just died and been brought back to life." I joked around and he rolled his eyes playfully.

"Well, you didn't die on my watch. Although, you were close to." Finn smiled at me and I noticed the green fabric poking out of his sleeve by his wrist. My smile grew as I stared down at it, I hadn't seen him wear it in so long and I thought he had lost it again or threw it away.

Hesitantly, I pulled my free hand that was resting on the metal table over to his and lifted his hand up with the friendship bracelet on. He stared across at me as I intertwined our fingers together, letting our two friendship bracelets be shown under our sleeves. It was what we did when we first placed them on each other's wrists. His was on his left wrist and mine was on my right wrist...

"Do you remember the pact we made back when we were kids?" I asked him and his eyes fell onto the two green pieces of fabric illuminating on our skin, in the light.

"Yeah I do." He smiled.

"These mean we're friends forever, no matter what." I started it.

"Even if something goes wrong, we will stick together through it." Finn continued it and I glanced up at his eyes. I couldn't actually believe my eyes that he could remember it.

"Our friendship is more important than any future relationship. I promise to never leave your side. I promise to protect you and stay with you no matter what you may be going through." We spoke at the same time just staring deeply into each other's eyes. I was getting sensitive and my eyes were filling with water as I was still in disbelief that he remembered...

"I promise to stay your friend forever and forever..." I spoke this time, like we did in our pact as children.

"And never let you go, ever." Finn finished it off. His soft smile dominated his face and the tears threatening to escape from my eyes made their way down my cheek as I smiled at him. With his free hand, he used his sleeve to wipe away a falling teardrop from my cheek. My eyes fluttered down to watch him do it, before fluttering back up to his eyes...

"You remembered..." I whispered out.

"Of course I did..." he whispered back with a soft voice. It was different to his normal raspy and deep voice.

"If you guys are gonna kiss can you get it over with so I don't have to keep staring at this gross scene." We both heard Jack's voice echo across the room.

Finn and I released each other's hands awkwardly and I wiped the remaining tears away from my eyes.

"You might feel this." Finn warned me and I nodded as he pulled the needle out from my arm slowly. I squirmed at the feeling of the cold metal scraping across my hot skin. A small amount of blood dripped from the wound but he held a piece of cotton over it, applying a small amount of pressure to stop the bleeding. He prepared a band aid and stuck it over the miniature hole once it stopped bleeding.