Four

"Where are we going?" I asked her. She shoved her pistol in the back of her dark jeans and knelt down by the river bank edge.

"To see some people." She looked up at us before standing to her feet again.
"I hope you two can hold your breath."

"Why? What do you mean hold our breath?" I asked her as Finn and I stopped beside her.

"Hold onto your guns kids." She told us as she pushed us both into the water. I tightly held the pistol close to my chest as we were sinking. I panicked from the shock of the coldness hitting my warm skin. I felt the pressure of the water blast my body before a hand grabbed my arm.

Everything went by in a rush but I opened my eyes to see the woman that claimed to be my mom dragging us down under the water and to the side of the cliff. For what reason, I had no idea.

A door sized section of the cliff edge opened and I stared at it shocked. She dragged both of us inside, releasing us before closing the door where the water then drained somehow. I was very confused by the entire situation.

I started breathing heavily when the water drained passed my mouth. I was now able to catch my breath again after being thrown in the deep end unexpectedly...

"What the fuck?" I pointed my gun straight at her before I stared around the small empty room we were in.

"Put the gun down dumbass." She turned around. I took the gun off safety mode and held it back up to her; she rolled her eyes.
"You're really trying my patience y/n." She grabbed the gun out of my hand and turned it back onto me. Finn held his gun up to her as soon as she did and she just chuckled at him.

"So nice of your little boyfriend to protect you."

"So nice of you to pretend to be my mom." I mocked her back and rolled my eyes.

"I'd watch what you say." She pointed the gun down and pulled the trigger. I groaned out in pain and grabbed my ankle, tumbling down to the wet ground. Finn shot his gun and then the woman took it away from him and pointed both of the guns at him. He held his hands in the air as I sat on the floor, holding my bleeding leg...

The woman knelt down in front of me. She seemed completely fine as if Finn isn't shoot her. She wasn't bleeding at all so my only guess could be that Finn either missed or she was wearing a bullet proof vest underneath her clothes...

"If I were you, I'd keep your mouth shut. I'm your only key to survival." The woman told me through gritted teeth, throwing our guns on the ground in front of me. I was breathing heavily again out of fear.
"Might want to get that looked at." She stood to her feet and strolled out of a door on the other side to the way we came in...
"Michael." She called out as she escaped round the corner.

"Are you ok?" Finn came down to my side and held his hands over my bullet wound. A middle aged man came rushing in then with a case. He opened it up and pulled out some tools.

"I'm going to need you to stay calm ok?" He told me and I nodded. He pulled the bullet out carefully and I flinched at the feeling of an object being inside of my open wound. I felt the bullet scrape across the walls of my open wound so I squeezed my eyes shut tight and squeezed Finn's hand firmly...

I let out a deep breath I was holding in as the doctor cleaned up the wound and started to sew it back up. The pain was unbearable, but Finn as well as the doctor helped me to my feet once everything was done and I wrapped my arm around Finn's shoulders before we started to move. I stumbled and limped around the corner into a huge room that was filled with people in white coats. Across to the left there was a section of people on computers whereas on the right side there were people doing experiments with liquids. In different directions there were people loading up guns or making weapons. There were people practicing shooting into dummies and people practicing self defence and a lot more...it was insane....

A huge secret room underground with the only way in being through a secret door under the water. The door was hidden in plain sight of the wall with the only way in being a small button. It looked exactly like the wall of the cliff edge...It was perfect for hiding from people!

"About time you got here." I heard the woman speak as she walked passed us, I didn't bother to learn her name and I don't think I want to.

"You shot me." I complained to her as she stopped at a desk and plugged something into the computer someone was working on.

"You annoyed me." She bluntly spoke and strolled in the other direction towards the science type people. Finn helped me over to her as she stopped in front of one of the scientists at a machine.

"How can I trust you if you shoot me like that? If you're my key to survival then you shouldn't go around shooting me."

"Look kid, you want to learn how to survive then this is the place. I can teach you self defence, how to fire a gun accurately and how to find people. So shut your mouth and sit down." She angrily turned around to speak. She pulled out a chair and shoved it in my direction. I opened my mouth to speak but thought against it and just perched on the chair this mad woman pulled over to me.

Finn stayed silent as he just crossed his arms across his chest, standing directly to the right side of me.

"It's done Geneviere." I heard the deep voice of the person in front of Geneviere, the mad woman that shot me.

"What's done?" I asked, knowing full well that it would piss off Geneviere. The brunette, long haired lady flipped her hair around and pushed a piece of paper to my chest.

"You said I wasn't your mother so here's your evidence." She fake smiled at me and strolled over to lean against the wall close to us. I stared down at the piece of paper of our DNA testings studying the contents on it to find that it was a match...

She was telling the truth...

My eyes widened at the thought of my real mother's twin bringing me up all these years knowing she wasn't my real mother and not telling me...

"I don't believe this." I spoke under my breath in shook.

"Get used to it kid, things aren't what they seem around here." She told me.

"This may prove everything but let's get one thing straight. A mother would not abandon her child, find her again when her twin sister dies and then shoot her in the leg. As far as I'm concerned we're strangers. You will never be my mother." I scoffed at her as I limped away from her.

This dramatic exit would be a lot more dramatic if the bitch didn't shoot my leg...

Authors note: I'm sorry for the extremely late update but my writer's block has finally gone and I'm actually so happy with how this rollercoaster chapter turned out.