Friends

Song: Where We Land, Ed Sheeran

I am so sorry this is so late, my exams and coursework has been drowning me the past two weeks, finishing off for the year! I hope you enjoy this chapter, things are really starting to set off in this one. You know the drill, leave feedback, comments, thank you so much for reading. It still bowls me over that over 7k reads have stacked up on this story, you're Angels, truly.

Angels' POV

Angels' POV

I can't help but frown a bit as I glance over the note which had been left on the workbench in the kitchen by William. Of course, things amongst him and I were still a bit rough, I'd calmed my displeasures regarding him a bit. I finally came to my senses through my tears at some point and realized it wasn't all his doing, the riff that had risen between Zanthus and me.

Zanthus and I.

The banana I had picked off the bunch a few minutes ago seems less than appetizing when thinking over this. Where do we stand now? We had been well, in open waters and attempting to get to know each other, to go out on a date, yet now none of that applies. He rejected me, to put it simply, and my stomach is anything but settled at that.

I'm not sure if he'd still like to attempt at least a friendship, and salvage what little we had to begin with. Though at the same time it will be a bit upsetting to settle knowing were set to only be friends for the rest of it. Of course, I'm not obligated to or went in expecting, a relationship that would last forever, I was ready to possibly attempt at it and see where we could land if we would've taken the first steps.

A ring runs through my ears, and it takes a few seconds before I come to the realization that someone was at the front door. Of course, this is confusing, considering the only person I could think of being here is William, though he surely wouldn't be one to ring the doorbell.

Regardless, I make my way to the entry and glance through the peephole to decipher who's outside. Another wave of confusion hits when there doesn't seem to be anyone waiting on the other side, though just to be safe I open the door to check more thoroughly.

I am absolutely caught on the hop when I spot Zanthus standing just out of the doors line of sight.

He's more pacing than he is standing, either way, I haven't got a clue how to react. I hadn't prepared at all to see him at my house considering just yesterday he had rejected me, to my dismay. He catches my eyes a few seconds after I've sat there, almost open-mouthed at his form in front of me.

He clears his throat a bit and runs a nervous appearing hand through his untamed hair. "Hi." His voice is soft, almost out of earshot for me.

"Erm, er, you," My brain isn't cooperating with me in the slightest right now. "Hi." I settle on, doing my best to regain my fleeting collectedness.

It's silent after this, expectantly, neither one of us seeming sure as to what the next step is. Zanthus shuffles a bit on his toes, stuffing one of his hands further into his pocket. I do my best to keep my eyes focused on him at a minimum, not wanting to undergo anymore embarrassment to what I already have in just seconds of seeing Zanthus.