I Won't Leave You Alone

Hi, there babes! I know it's been a bit, but with turning off electronics for two weeks, catching food poisoning, and tons of work being dumped on me, I've had a lot on my plate. Though writing will always find a way to squeeze a spot into my schedule, it's my heart and soul.

I hope you enjoy this chapter (a day early to promised), but don't worry, another one (or two!) will still be out tomorrow. Your angels with the patience you have. Also, thank you endlessly for all the support you've been showing in the comments.

Song: Photograph, Ed Sheeran, X

Zanthus POV

"You're fucking with me." Xander's jaw is almost sat across the floor once he processes what I've just told him.

"No," I say dryly, but I am too far gone to allow myself to feign upset

"You're, shit. Christ, I don't-Zanthus you twat!" He groans in frustration, hands flying into the air to add to his scattered outburst.

"W-what?" I ask incredulously, not sure at all what's got him so worked up.

"I can't believe you didn't tell me! We're supposed to be brothers, you tit. Tell each other everything and summat. I guess I don't mean much to you. Yeah. That's the case, innit?" I roll my eyes, only earning me a sharp glare from an upset seeming Xander.

"You d-din't tell me a-ab-about Jax," I respond after a few quiet seconds, and I watch Xander still in front of me.

"W-what?" That's new. Xander stuttering. "What are you on about?"

"Y-you know w-what I'm on a-about." I say simply as I lean against the settee cushion behind me, taking a sip from my glass of water.

"No," He starts, making his way back to me and snatching my water away from my lips. "I don't know what you're on about, you prick." A bit of water splashes over the edge as he sets it down roughly on the table "Else I wouldn't be asking you to clarify." His tone isn't as attacking as I assume he wants it to be.

"Xander," I mutter, moving over in indication for him to sit down beside me.

He glares at the space but complies.

"Zanthus." He mocks, though there's barely any malice to his tone.

He sounds nervous, Afraid even. That hurts a little. A lot. He shouldn't be any of those things at this moment.

"Be s-se-serious with me, y-yeah?" His eyes don't meet mine as I speak.

"I..." He doesn't go any further than that.

"You..." I say back, urging him to keep speaking.

"I'm not sure what you're talking about, love. I mean Jax is just our friend yeah?" He hesitates but then stops himself from going on.

It's quiet.

"H-he's my f-friend." I choose to say.

"What does that mean? Are you indicating I'm not friends with Jax just as well as you are?" He's deflecting, but I don't comment on his weak attempts.