Six AM

You are all Angels, 23k reads on wattpad, I am absolutely bowled over at that fact. I can't wrap my head around it. Thank you always and forever. And thank you for your patience. Sorry for the delay, I hope you enjoy the chapter. You inspire me to write and bring me so much joy.

All my love x

Song: One, X, Ed Sheeran

Angel's POV

"Would you like me to start?" I offer softly, hoping to ease some of the tension weighing heavy in the air.

He nods his head, situating himself a bit more comfortably against the headboard of his bed. I'm sat a bit in front of him, legs crossed and my hands bracing the bed in front of me.

"Alright then. Yeah, that's alright." I smile, stalling a bit as I pick an appropriate place to begin. "Well, going back to the beginning, I didn't really grow up with my parents. Will practically raised me from when I was a child. It's not that anything bad ever happened with my mum and dad, they just always had, well have work. More times than not it calls them away from home, so that's been that."

The dark-haired boy sat in front of me now has wider eyes to before. "E-erm, I-" He shakes his head, running a hand through his hair.

"It's alright if you're going to apologize don't feel the need to. I promise. I'm not, it's not something that really hurts me much. It used to, I think, a lot more when I was a child. But. As I've grown older I've sort of moved on from it. I don't want to let their actions hold me back from living my life how I deserve to. It's not fair of me to spend all my time at home wishing they were there when I could be out doing things for myself." I explain, partially meaning the words that fall from my mouth, partially not.

"Plus, I've got William. He's the most outstanding brother-the most outstanding person-I could ever dream of having in my life. I'm thankful for what have." I add on.

"Wow." Slips from Zanthus's lips.

"Was that too much? I'm sorry, I know I said we'd start simple, I didn't mean to overwhelm you or anything of the sort." I can only hope I didn't just bucket this whole night already.

Zanthus just shakes his head, seemingly waving me off as he sits up straighter. His eyes don't leave mine once as he takes a breath, opening and closing his mouth as if he's got something to say but doesn't know how to.

"You don't have to know what to say to that. You don't have to say anything at all." I offer in hopes that it'll make him feel less under pressure.

He shakes his head again, causing me to raise my own eyebrows a bit. I can't quite figure out what he's trying to say, though I'm afraid asking would be even worse in this situation. He doesn't seem to do well when people push him.

"I ca-can't t-talk." He blurts finally, making me all the more confused.

I don't say anything as I watch Zanthus's face flush and his fingers fidget amongst each other nervously. I reposition myself quietly until I'm sat half beside him and half in front of him. Reaching my hand out, I grab his shaking hands in my own, adding a bit of pressure in hopes to help subside their trembling.