Chapter 16

Four looks at the time on the clock. He sighs then looks back to me. "Answers will have to wait till after dinner. C'mon we already missed lunch we need to get something in you." I bite my lip and nod. Okay. Answers soon. Good start. He stands and starts heading to the door. I stay seated at the bed. There's one answer I need now. I can't wait. "Are you coming?" Four asks with a smile. I don't return it. "Four... What exactly happened to me to get me into the hospital... I mean... What could of been so bad to make me have memory loss and end up in the hospital...?" I ask with slight nervousness to my voice but also with demand. I need to know this. He just shakes his head looking down. "What is it?" I ask. He doesn't say a word. "Four?" I ask again. Still not a sound with his eyes on the ground. I huff and stand up. "Four! Tell me what happened to me! I have a right to know!" Now I have a pleading sound in my voice. I'm nervous. What could it of been. And it had to be an accident right? Of course it did. Who would be out to get me? He looks into my eyes. "It's my fault" he whispers. My eyes widen and I take a step back, almost loosing balance. "W-what?" I ask in disbelief. My eyes are darting around the room but always back to him. Why would he do this? Weren't we supposed to be together? He obviously sees the fear in my eyes. He shakes his head once more. "I never meant for you to get hurt... I-" he states but I cut him short. "You never meant to get me hurt?! You landed me in the god damned hospital Four!" I yell. His eyes widen at my tone but he doesn't seem surprised. Have I used this tone with him before? I look at him with disbelief. "Please let me explain..." He starts but I cut him off. "No. Don't bother." I shake my head. "Stop being so damn stubborn all the time Tris!" He yells pleadingly as I turn towards the door. I turn back to him with even more disbelief. "Stubborn?! YOU LANDED ME IN THE HOSPITAL!" I yell back but more mad then pleading. I hate this as much as him. Maybe even more. What happened though.... It couldn't have any explanation or excuse could it? No. It's too late to go back on what I've said. "Goodbye Four" I put my hand on the door handle. He's behind me before I even know it and grabs my hand not allowing me to leave. "Listen. Two minutes is all I ask and then you can hate me." He begs trying to make eye contact with me. I don't let him. I know I'll get lost in his eyes and melt at his any and every touch. I take a breath and pull away my hand and open the door then walk through and shut it in his face. As soon as I do I regret it immidetaly. Beatrice what have you done?

So super short chapter today dauntless cakes! Sorry majour headache and I'm trying to post a chapter tonight for every chapter. 

~DauntlessDivergent99