Chapter 17

Yes it's finally here guys! I'm sorry for making you all wait so long. I have been so busy with studies for school, and then there was drama at school which really heavily affected me and just a bunch of crap. I am truly sorry guys. But I hope to be posting more now! Anyways here it is! Oh and one last thing! I know this sound stupid but if you could share this story with friends or just even tell others about it, it would mean the world to me because I do want this story to get out there! I mean like theres 5,397 reads! HOW CRAZY IS THAT?!?!? BUTTTTTTT hehehe BUTT. But there has been a major downfall in the number because of when I left on my trip for a month and then came back. MANY people stopped reading. So if you guys could spread the word about this story it'd mean the world to me. Thank you guys and now FOURTRIS!

What had I just done? Well. One answer. I left Four. I left him and did the right thing. He landed me in the hospital, he admitted it himself! Theres no explanation to that.

I regain myself and straighten my clothes. I start walking. I can't even remember the direction we came from, never mind where I'm going now. Never the less I continue on and on.

I walk for what feels like forever. My feet getting sore. All this walking after weeks of being in that hospital bed really does something to you. I strain through it and continue walking.

How could of all this happened. I wish I could just go home. I wish but I know I can't. I want to see my mom and dad. I want to see Caleb. Oh god Caleb. What had even happen to him? Did he remain in Abnegation? What am I saying of course he did. I know him, he's too selfless to leave. But then again, if I didn't even know myself. Who am I to say I knew my brother. How can someone truly know another without knowing them self?

How did my parents feel about me leaving? Usually parents would not talk of or to their children much unless they were very very close. That doesn't happen much in Abnegation. I wander. Do my parents hate me? Could they ever hate me for leaving. God I wish I knew. I wish I knew this and all my other questions.

Last thing I remembered... I was so undecided on what to do. I must of made my choice at the ceremony. I must of winged it. And about everything Four told me of all the times we had together. Were those all lies? If he landed me in the hospital what else could he do or say? Did everyone else know about what was going on? About Four being the one who got me there. Made me loose my memories. Who was I to trust and who was I to-

What the? I ran into something, or someone. I must have been looking down the whole time. "I'm sorry..." I mumble and try to move but realize they're holding my arms, tightly. I look up and as soon as I do I regret it. I see a man... Looks about Four's age. His face is pierced in so many places I don't think I'd be able to count. I've seen some crazy Dauntless' before but this is by far the-

"Tris..." The man interupts my thoughts and smirks.

"I'm sorry... Do I know you?" I ask confused. I swear if theres anyone more new people I need to meet I'm going to loose it. I probably already have though.

He looks confused as well then seems to remmeber "Right. Forgot you lost your memory of the past 5 years. Yea everyone's been talking about you. The whole compound in fact." He gives a smile that I suppose was supposed to come off kind but in reality comes of evil and just... diss-trustful.

"Oh umm...." I have no idea on how to respond to that. I mean how would anyone. "Sorry not to be rude but I can't talk at the moment." I try to pull away but his hands are still gripped on my arms so I can't move an inch.

"Yea. I bet" He lets go "You do look like you have a lot on your mind. Well you could talk to me about it..." He shrugs and begins to walk away.

I narrow my eyes. "Wait" I go up to him because curiosity takes the best of me. Damn my Divergence. "Whats your name?" I ask. He smirks and puts out his hand.

"Eric." He replies "Dauntless Leader at your service"

My eyes widen "D-Dauntless leader?" I ask.

He nods in responce. "I was also your instructor for initiation all those years ago. Top of the class may I say. Literally." He smiles that evil smile but I can tell hes trying to be kind.

"Thank yo- wait what?" I ask suprised "Top of the class?" I ask confused. How could I possibly be top?

His eyes narrow in confusion. "Hasn't your boyfriend told you? Geez Four does keep a lot of secrets. I get a lot of his are his own and I respect that. But secrets about his own girlfriend. Away from her just when shes trying to find out who she truly is? Thats curel" He scoffs shaking his head.

My mind is absolutley boggled. "H-how.... How... What do you mean he keeps a lot of secrets?" I ask nervously not sure if I want the answer.

He raises his eyebrow at me as if to say 'really?' "As if you haven't figured that out already. Haven't you been awake for a few weeks now? I'm sure you've been picking up on the whole mystery boy. You are smart Tris. You're intelligent and you notice things. If you hadn't picked up that he was a mystery just by learning his name.... Well then what happened to you must have REALLY done dammage to you." He smirks and ruffles my hair.

I quickly pull away. "Do you.... D- do you know about my accident....?" I ask and bite my lip.

"Know about it? I was there. I saw the whole thing Tris... I was there. That night on the Hanncok building." He says softly while searching my eyes.

My eyes are wide.

Maybe I really don't need myself to remmeber Tris... Maybe I need Eric....

EVIL THINGS ARE COMING CHILDREN. LOVE. HATE. JEALOUSLY. BREAK UPS. MAKE UPS. SECRETS WILL BE REVEALED AS OTHERS ARE MADE. IS TRIS REALLY GOING TO TRUST ERIC... IS SHE REALLY GOING TO STAY MAD AT FOUR? WHAT EXACTLY DID FOUR DO AND WHATS HIS EXPLENATION FOR IT? WHY HAS FOUR BEEN LEAVING OUT DETAILS ON TRIS' SUCCESS THROUGHOUT HER INITIATION. ALL OF THIS SHALL BE REVEALED IN THE FOLLOWING CHAPTERS..... 

~DAUNTLESS DIVERGENT