Chapter 18

"Could.... Could you tell me?" I ask nervously.

If Eric was my initiation instructor then that must mean I know him. I mean wasn't Four my instructor too? Maybe I was sorta close to Eric. Could I trust him? One thing I know for sure. I can't trust Four. After everything thats happened.... How could I possibly? 

He smirks and nod. "Of course. Here follow me I'm about to go to the cafeteria. We can get something to eat and talk there." He offers his arm and my eyes look to his strong arms.

"Sorry... I know I must know you well but..." I look down embarrassed.

"Don't wory. I totally understand Tris, you're actually pretty smart for not just trusting people cause they say they know you. I mean... Anyone could take advantage of you like that. Maybe even influence your decisions..." He shrugs and puts down his arm. "Lets go" He begins walking, not bothering to check whether I follow or not. But I do. No one has been willing to give me answers and I've been awake for weeks now. Within the first 10 minutes of first seeing Eric he's already saying he can give me answers. Maybe he's the one I should be trusting? Right?

I follow Eric down several hallways, though I don't notice really. My thoughts about Four are crashing like waves onto a beach in my mind. How could something so right.... be so wrong? That kiss though.... oh gosh that kiss... I would say I sound like a hormonal teenage girl but.... I'm not... Im in my 20s now... I'm still young but I'm not exactly a kid anymore. 

He seemed so perfect though.... Too perfect. I should have known. But it still doesn't make sense. Well nothing makes sense anymore. One day I'm an Abnegation 16 year old teenager and the next morning I'm apparently in my early 20s and in Dauntless. This is crazy.

Eric snaps me back to reality when he suddenly stops and I accidentally run into his strong back. I immediately go red and move to the side as I mutter an apology I know he will not hear, and yet I'm still accustomed to do such things.

"Here we are." He gives a smile, which I still think looks awful on him but I shouldn't judge. I nod silently and then he raises an eyebrow. "Have you been in here since you woke up?" He asks suddenly interested. I shake my head. "No... I just got out today.." I answer while trying to look anywhere but his pierced face. Why the need for all the piercings? Honestly! He nods. "Right.. Well then. Shall we?" He asks as if he were escorting me to some dance. I nod and walk in right behind him. 

All around the cafeteria I hear the rumble of Dauntless at different tables. Laughing, cheering. Just having a good time... Nothing like Abnegation. In Abnegation I felt constricted like prisoner behind jail bars in which they do not belong. Here. I feel like I could be free. Maybe that's one of the reasons I chose Dauntless. To be free.

Yet again my thoughts are interrupted by a sudden yell of several voices, shouting my name. Oh the voices I have grown to know all to well since I've woken up. I quickly glance over and see at a table across the big room, Christina, Will, Shauna, Uriah, Zeke and Lynn. Thank God Four isn't there. Four... Something triggers in my mind. Then I remember. Damn it! Four is gonna come in here!

Eric turns to me and with a sly smirk asks "You aren't gonna go say hello?" I look away from the table and the hollers of my name die down to only Uriah calling for me to come over. That is until I see from the corner of my eyes, Zeke slap Uriah over the head and then tell him something. I sigh and shake my head. "Look can we just hurry up and get out of here okay?" I ask suddenly on edge. I don't want Four to come in here and try to explain things. I just... Can't. Things are already complicated. I just need Eric's perspective and what he saw and I'll take things from there.

He smirks and nods "Alright Tris, wait here. I'll only be a few minutes." Before I can even say anything he turns on his heels and leaves. Leaving me alone to the 6 faces looking in my direction with betrayal written practically across their foreheads. How am I betraying them? Yes maybe i should have explained things to them, but no one has even offered to explain things to me. Isn't that a betrayal? I have a right to know. Don't I?

Well seems like today is just the day for people to be interrupting me and my thoughts because someone from behind me clears their throat. I groan mentally and look behind me and see....

CLIFF HANGER!!!!! AHHHH! SORRY ITS NOT A VERY LONG CHAPTER GUYS BUT I HOPE YOU ALL ENJOY IT! UGH SORRY FOR NOT POSTING MUCH. TOO MUCH HOMEWORK AND TOO MANY TEST DAMN IT. WHY CANT I LIVE IN A BOOK? PREFERABLY ONE WITHOUT ME BEING IN SCHOOL XD

~DAUNTLESS DIVERGENT