The Time To Worry Is Now

Barrys POV

When I woke up, I was back in the cell. It was almost like I had never left. I quickly made sure all my limbs were still intact. Once I was sure, I sighed with relief. 

If they did experiment on me, I guess I would never know because of my speed healing. 

I looked across the hall at the empty cell. I hoped Wally was ok. I wasn't aware of what they did to him, but whatever it was, it couldn't have been good. 

"Good," I heard Dr. Richards say. "You're awake," he said staring at his tablet. 

"No thanks to you," I said standing up slowly. My head began to throb, but I wasn't about to show him I was weak.

He looked up at me. "Watch your tone," he said. "I can make your life a living hell while your here."

"So your gonna let me go?" I asked.

"One way or another," he said with a smirk.

"What did you do to me," I asked. 

"If you must know," he said, "all your organs are still intact. I didn't want to bang up my masterpiece."

"That's why you had Wally," I said. 

"Yes, it seems your friend is in every way your equal, except he does not run as fast as you do."

"So what? You used him as your guinea pig?" I asked.

"See, now you're getting it," he said. He then changed the subject. "So, are you ready?" 

"For what?" I asked.

"Your first mission," he said. 

"I'm not doing anything for you," I said.

"You will," he replied looking back down at his tablet. "Whether you like to or not."

"What is that supposed to mean?" I asked.

"What it means, Mr. Allen is that I will make you comply. And if you don't, well, let's just say Wally won't be the only one who will get hurt."

I thought about it, but I guess I didn't really have a choice. I had to keep them safe. 

"Fine," I said giving in. "Just promise me you won't hurt Wally."

"Scouts honor," he said. "I promise I won't hurt Wally."

"What is that supposed to mean?" I asked.

"Well, I can't promise he won't get hurt. You see, I sent him on his first mission as well. I needed to make sure he wasn't going to betray me."

"Where did you send him?" I asked.

"Just to say hello to your friends. You see, I know you all work with the Flash."

Half of me was relieved, but the other half was terrified. He didn't know I was the Flash, but he did know that my friends and family were there. 

"Who is the Flash?" I asked, trying to play dumb. 

"At first we thought it was you," he said. "But after much research, we have concluded there is no possible way it could be you. There is tangible evidence that you are two separate people," he said.

Thank god. I was starting to panic.

"Although, I do believe there was something else. Now what was it?" he said. "Oh yes! I believe I sent him to kill the Flash."

I froze. When Wally realizes I'm not there, who knows what he could do. Who knows what he is capable of under their influence.

"Now, Mr. Allen. You ready to go?"