22

A week after the little get together, Jeongguk and Taehyung became that annoying couple who is disgustingly cute and all over each other. The only problem though is, that they aren't actually a couple yet.

They have never talked about their status but everyone thinks that they don't even have to. Taehyung and Jeongguk are made for each other, anyone who can't see that is blind. Still, without the title of being boyfriends, it's not the same.

On a cold December morning, Jeongguk wakes up in Taehyung's arms, lying in a room that doesn't belong to any of them.

They're on vacation with their friends and in three days they are going to celebrate Taehyung's birthday.

Jeongguk has planned something big and Jimin is helping him. The others, except of course for Taehyung, know about it too. Hoseok had almost ruined the surprise but fortunately Taehyung didn't get the hint.

The Beta was apologizing several times to the youngest and with Jimin's help he forgave him.

Jimin and Jeongguk prepare a campfire while the others have other chores to do.

"Are you planning to mate him when you have your first time with him?" Jimin is indeed a curious cat, uh, wolf in his case.

The younger boy sighs. "Do you think it'll be okay? I mean, he knows that I love him and I know he loves me too, even if we've never said it to each other."

"Ask him as soon as you can feel the knot coming. I'm sure he wants it as bad as you. It's been three months since you both made up and he hinted many times that he's ready to be with you forever." Jimin puts the last dry wood on top of the stack and then looks at the Alpha.

"He did?" Jeongguk asks shocked. "I didn't know that."

Jimin laughs. "Because he always says it when you're not around. You didn't hear it from me though. Act surprised when he says yes." He doesn't feel bad about exposing Taehyung, if it means that they finally take the next and really important step in their relationship.

"I don't have to act, I will definitely be surprised if he does." It's not a lie, he is so fucking nervous.

The rest of the night, Jeongguk is silently thinking about what Jimin had said earlier. Is Taehyung going to agree to be his mate, will he accept the bite? What if it's not right to ask while having sex, Taehyung won't be in his right mind and would agree to anything. It's something Jeongguk doesn't want.

He has to ask him before they'll - hopefully - have sex or maybe afterwards before they're going to do a second round or third or- you get it...

It's not easy at all, they know each other for a very long time and he likes Taehyung almost as long, but had the older one had feelings for him all along too?

Is he maybe going too fast by asking him to stay together forever? It isn't like a human wedding, being mated is more final. They can't just get divorced when they've had enough of each other or an argument that ends the relationship.

For the Alpha it is easy to answer, yes, he wants to be with the Omega for as long as he lives, he doesn't even need to think twice about it.

"Hey Ggukie, what's wrong?" A soft but deep voice pulls him out of his thoughts. Jeongguk looks at Taehyung without answering. He's just staring into two beautiful orbs, surrounded by an at least equally beautiful face. "Babe?" Taehyung chuckles lowly while taking the other's hand.

The cute sound he made, makes Jeongguk smile and he squeeze the Omega's hand. "What? I'm sorry baby, I was thinking about something. Could you repeat what you have said?"

"You're so silent, what's wrong?" Taehyung is now a little concerned.

The fire is getting smaller since they don't have more firewood to use. The warmth is barely heating them up anymore. Jeongguk pulls the older to his chest, inhaling his scent. "Nothing's wrong, I was just thinking about how lucky I am for having you all by my side, especially you."

"I'm happy too Gguk, it would be so lonely without you all." Taehyung buries his head more to Jeongguk's neck and places a soft kiss on the exposed part of his collarbone.

They stay like that until Namjoon announces that it's time to go inside and everyone gets up without complaining.