Ch. 4

It was the next day; I had already decided I wasn't in the mood to go to school especially after I look like some disfigured creature. I found myself just wondering around the town and I found myself on a park bench just watching the people walking bye and I saw this girl just sighing. She had bangs that covered her forehead and she had huge circle glasses that was definitely too big for her face but she seemed so sad and defeated. I don't know why but my feet wanted to move closer to her and I found myself standing right in front of her and she just stared at me. I sat down next to her on grass and she was plucking the grass out.

"I don't think that the city would appreciate you ruining their landscape at all" I commented to her and she just stared at me with a small smile.

"Oh well I am a rebel" She said to me and I just laughed because she had to be the least intimating person I had ever met. She was just a little person. I don't know what to compare her to.

"I'm Lyric Green" I introduced myself to her and she smiled and it showed bright orange braces on her face.

"Autumn Rose" She told me and we both shook hands just like we were in a middle of a transaction but we weren't.

"Aren't you supposed to be in school" Autumn raised an eyebrow up at me and I just laughed at her.

"What about you? Aren't you supposed to be in school" I stated back to her while I watched the clouds roll on in.

"Nope because my parents wanted me to swindle people into giving us money" Autumn sassed at me and I rolled my eyes. I couldn't believe parents would do that but I had no right to judge anyone's parents.

"How do you do that" I tilted my head at her and Autumn just laughed at me.

"It's not hard to act lost and betrayed and since I am skinny as a stick. You just con people into thinking you haven't had a bite to eat and bam you get money" Autumn seemed so proud of herself. I rolled my eyes at this girl that had to be my age but she seemed so smart and everything. "Where did you get those bruises" Autumn asked me and I quickly pulled my sleeve down and Autumn sighed before making those comments. "Let me guess, your dad" Autumn guessed and I just stared at her with shock.

"It's not hard to guess" Autumn looked forward towards a couple arguing non-stop and she sighed and there she goes again looking so sad.

"Do your parents argue all the time" I asked her and Autumn just laughed.

"Try they cause destruction regardless of where they are" Autumn just fiddled with the grass once more. I watched her parents arguing and I saw her dad slapping her mother right in public.

"I'm sorry" I told her and Autumn just shrugged her shoulders acting like it was no big problem.

"I'm sorry about your parents" Autumn mentioned to me and I just nodded my head.

"I guess we are more similar than we think we are" I told her and Autumn just nodded but had a side smile.

"I just wish I never had to move to this town because my stupid parents got caught doing some shady thing" Autumn complained and she just kept looking down while adjusting her glasses. I pushed my glasses up and that's when I decided it was time for me to go but I knew I couldn't leave her by herself in this stupid crappy town.

"Hey, you want, to go somewhere" I asked her and Autumn just looked at me.

"How do I know you not going to kill me" Autumn just stared at me while tilting her head to look at me.

"Look at me, I'm weak as a stick. You are probably stronger than me" I shrugged my shoulders and it was fine with me to be considered weak. I never wanted anyone to insult me by my weight but I had to be the one to call myself out for being such a weak person. "Come on, I'm just going to take you to have some ice cream" I told her and Autumn just nodded her head and we were walking to a small ice cream place. We sat down in a booth just enjoying out ice cream.