~ Chapter Thirty Two ~

I tossed and turned all night until I rolled over and seen the morning sun peaking through my curtains. I felt guilty as hell. I'm technically still dating Luke but here I was messing around with Derrick like some little hussy. What the heck is wrong with me? Luke probably remains faithful this entire time and I haven't. I mean maybe it doesn't count right? Derricks my mate and I'm in season so maybe it's like a hall pass.

It definitely counts. My wolf snickered.

Not helping!!

I couldn't do this anymore I had to confront Luke and explain everything. He's all alone right now because Jewlz and Brian are both being held here and he probably thinks I'm being held prisoner too.
I've already promised the moon goddess and Derrick that I'd mate with him and I had to tell Luke. It wasn't fair for him to sit around and wait for me. How would I ever get Derrick to agree to let me see him though?? You won't. My wolf chuckled again.

Oh will you shut up already! It's to early for your shenanigans. I hated to admit it but she was right, I don't think he'd ever agree to that.

I sat up in bed and rubbed the sleep from my eyes but then I felt it, the amulet began to burn. Oh not this again!

My vision started to fade away. It was like someone turned on a fog machine and that's all I could see thick clouds of grey smoke, then a forest began to appear. I knew I was still in my room so this had to be the amulet. My feet started moving without me even forcing them to. I walked deep inside the forest until I reached a small camp. I can't explain why but I felt cold like freezing cold. The kind of cold I could only assume you'd feel when your dead and it sent shivers rolling down my spine.

"You imbeciles!" A wicked voice shouted. It was a woman's voice but an unfamiliar one.

"We're sorry Miranda, we lost her trail." A mans voice said.

"We only have 3 weeks until that little mutt mates you idiots!" Her wicked voice snarled.

Wait were they speaking about me? I did not know any of these voices, they couldn't be talking about me. I slowly and quietly crept forward trying to see their faces. I crouched behind a fallen log and peeked over to where the voices were coming from.

"We'll find her. We will not fail the high witch again" the man bowed his head so I couldn't get a good look at his face.

"There's no need" she waved her hand "She found us" her icy blue eyes met mine then her face dropped down to the amulet. "And she where's my emerald!" Her voice was dark and sickening.

No way! No way she could see me but she did! I thought this was a vision I knew I'm still in my room, this was all a bad dream but some how it felt so real and she knew I was watching her. I've never seen her in my life but I was terrified. Call it a hunch or a gut feeling whatever you may but I knew I just knew it, felt it, that this lady wanted me dead.

"Run along now little wolf, we'll meet again soon" and with a snap of her fingers I was back in my room sitting on the edge of my bed like I had never left.

"Riley!!" Jewlz voice sounded frantic. Wait, what? Jewlz??

I turned to see her staring at me in fear.

"How are you here?" I asked puzzled.

"The alpha let me out this morning and told me to come wake you up to surprise you. He's invited me to stay with y'all" she was breathing really heavy like she just ran a marathon. "But never mind that what the heck was that shit you just pulled?"