~ Chapter Thirty Three ~

I needed Jewlz, I felt empty without my best friend. I didn't know how to get through this party without her there. I really wish she'd trust me about this mating process. Maybe I just needed to explain everything to her, I've kept everything a secret from everyone. How could she trust me only getting half the truth. Enough was enough. I marched up the stairs and into her bedroom.

"We need to talk" I demanded.

She sat there reading her magazines completely ignoring me like I didn't even exist.

"Jewlz come on I really need you" I whined. " I know for a fact you hate this too and want to talk to me."

She rolled her eyes and continued reading. At least a eye roll was some kind of acknowledgement so I'll take it.

"Fine you don't have to talk to me but at least listen to me" I sat down on the foot of her bed and stared out the window. I took in a deep breath through my mouth and exhaled through my nose.

I began to explain everything. The time I went home and heard the moon goddess and grabbed the amulet. The first time I seen Derrick. The visions I have and how they have became a reality, I even told her about my deepest darkest secret of blood lust. I never turned to look at her but I could feel her shifting uncomfortably on the bed. I told her how strange the amulet would behave and how I saw the witch that was coming for me. I let it all out and explained every detail to her. I felt relief that I didn't know I needed. I was longing to tell someone all of this.

"I'm so sorry Riley" her arms wrapped around. "I'm sorry for acting the way I did but I'm just so happy you told me everything" she whispered. I was happy too.

"I'm sorry too, for not telling you the truth" I breathed out.

"You really do need my help" she stood up and walked in front of me. "You can not meet the pack looking like that" she giggled. And to think I thought I was dressed nice.

"First thing let's get you ready to meet the pack then second we'll get you mates then third back to your soulmate Luke!" She smiled brightly.

I just started at her in confusion. I couldn't mate then run back to Luke, he'd never accept me after being matted. Not only that but the strong connection I have to Derrick would only grow stronger bonding us together for life. "Jewlz I don't think it works that way" I sighed.

"Riley, you're a strong independent she wolf and you can pick your own destiny. Screw the old ways!"

"Thanks for the compliment girly but this whole mate thing is really more complicated than that." I started nervously twirling the ends of my golden hair.

" Oh please don't tell me you actually like the Alpha?"

I didn't need to make eye contact with her to feel her shooting daggers at me with her eyes. I wasn't sure if I had true feelings for Derrick but I couldn't deny the way my body reacted to his presence. I'm sure it was all some wolfy mating thing but it was real and the need to be near him was getting harder to fight. With Luke it was a mental connection, one we built together out of love and trust something I truly was thankful for. With alpha Derrick it was different his scent intoxicating, his touch was like fire lighting up my insides and his voice oh man was the smoothest thing to my ears. Dang the way he looked into my eyes like looking into my soul.

"Riley!" Jewlz snapped her fingers in my face " Focus"

I looked up to see her holding up a red lacy dress "that's a little revealing for a back bbq don't you think?" I raised my brow.

"Red is the pack color and revealing is for you to get this mating show on the road" she huffed.

"Two birds one stone, I like it" I took the dress into the bathroom and slipped it on. It fit perfectly like it was made for me. It hugged me tight in the waist and over my curvy hips and showed just the right amount of cleavage. The length was a bit short for my taste cause I've always hated my thick short thighs but I had to admit I looked, hot. I curled my long blonde locks around my face and down my back and winged my eyeliner perfectly. Now I needed shoes and I knew the perfect black pumps to go with this.