~ Chapter Thirty Four ~

Please please please let this be a bad dream or something because my heart couldn't take this being a reality. Derricks body was froze in place on the stairs. I tried searching his eyes for any kind of emotion and only fount one. Pure anger. His arms were still wrapped around me and his muscles were pulsing. I knew exactly what he wanted to do I could feel it. Kill Luke.

I wasn't sure what to do I was in shock. To hear that voice again the voice I've been longing for and to be caught in such a compromising position with the Alpha. I believe I just crushed Luke's heart and when I looked down the stairs to him it confirmed I had. I could see the wetness beginning to pool in his eyes and him trying his hardest to fight it. Those blue orbs I once adored so much didn't have the same brightness to them. They were now filled with grief and anger and it was all my fault, I killed his light. His fists were clenched into balls so tight that his knuckles were turning white. I kept anticipating him to say something anything. I couldn't take the silence in the air.

Derricks arms loosed beneath me and he gently placed me on the landing at the top of the stairs.

"Do you have a death wish mutt?" Derrick said through clenched teeth while turning around to face Luke.

Luke's eyes travels to Derrick then back to me. " I don't know is there anything left fighting for?" He was searching my face for answers but the truth was I didn't have one.

I mean this man was my first love. Even with my mate standing right beside me I couldn't deny I still had feelings for Luke. He helped me heal when I was in the worst time of my life. I was broken and damaged and he picked up the pieces and made my heart whole again. I've learned so much from him. How to fight, how to be strong and most of all how to survive. Why did I have to be the white wolf and why did I have to find my mate at that moment I wished everything could be different. But that was impossible now.

Derricks body tensed up beside me I looked up at him just in time to see a flash of hurt in his eyes. I knew he was feeling my emotions. Wow way to go Riley I just broke the hearts of two men. I was on a roll today.

"I'm going to rip you to shreds" Derrick growled loudly through his now elongated k9s.

Luke was a great fighter and he also had an alpha bloodline running through his veins but Derricks wolf was more powerful than any others I've ever seen before and it was only growing stronger the more time we spent together. I had the most awful feeling in the pit of my stomach right now but I had to think fast and I couldn't bare to see Luke injure or worse killed over me. What I was about to do would definitely be the end of Luke and Riley forever but I was determined to save his life like he had once saved mine.

"Please don't" I could only manage to whisper as I reached out and grabbed ahold of my mates arm. His tense body relaxed from my touch. " I still meant what I said to you earlier".

It was the truth I had to mate with Derrick I had made a promise to the moon goddess and I knew it had to be done soon before the Witch came. There were bigger things than my boy problems going on right now. Luke would never forgive me but I knew I was doing the right thing. For everyone.

"Oh yeah what was that again love?" Derrick smirked never breaking eye contact with Luke.

He wanted me to say it out loud, he knew it would crush Luke to hear those words come out of my mouth. I felt sick to my stomach even thinking about hurting him that way. Why was he doing this?

" You know what I want, don't make me say it" I pleaded.

" Oh no, I want you to say it and I want you to say it to him. What is it you want babygirl" he smirked.