~ Chapter Eleven ~

No Mates Allowed...

Copyrighted ©2013. All rights reserved.

~ Chapter Eleven ~

I skipped breakfast this morning not wanting to see Luke or Rochelle's face. I needed some space and fresh air. I headed to the one place where I knew I could truly be alone...Home. When I arrived back in my packs territory it felt like I was in a ghost town. There were no familiar scents, not a person in sight and it was dead silent. I felt a shiver run up my spine. This would be the time to turn around and run but I pushed on further until my house was in plain view. I walked up the gravel path never taking my eyes off the front door.

I took a deep breath in the exhaled before I twisted the knob and the large white door creaked open. My fathers scent still lingered and it hit me hard. I dropped to my knees when I reached the top of the stairs. Tears fell from my eyes and all I could do was let it all out. What if this was all my fault? I wondered if I never left would this have happened and would my pack and father still be here today?

"Moon Goddess please give my my father back" I whispered as I tried to wipe away my fresh tears.

"Hush my child, everything will be alright"

"Who said that?" My back hit the wall as I scooted across the hardwood floor. "Who's in here?" I demanded.

"Your family is safe with me". The soft voice whispered.

I know I should have been terrified but I wasn't. There was something calm bout the voice and it seemed to relax me. It was warm and inviting for some reason. I wanted to see the person behind the voice just to embrace them. "What do you mean?" I asked hoping for some answers.

"I will explain later but for right now there is little time for chatting. You must go to your fathers office and then I will tell you what to do next."

"I I cant go in there" I wasn't ready to go in there yet. It just wouldn't be right without seeing my dad behind the desk.

"Riley dear you are much stronger than you think and you can do this. Now go there is no time to explain, danger is coming"

The voice was right I could feel an uneasy feeling rising inside of me. How I could feel the danger is beyond me but I could. I was going to ask the voice how it knew my name but decided not to since I was the one hearing voices in my head. Yeah call me crazy but this was to real for me to be crazy right now. I gathered my strength and slowly made my way down the hallway to the office.

Every thing looked exactly the same since the day I left. The big red oak desk sat in the middle of the room and the leather coaches I used to nap on were tucked in the corners of the room. The walls filled with books and the smell of my fathers cologne drifted around the room. I took a seat in my fathers chair behind the desk and rubbed my finger's over the stack of papers piled up on top of it. This would have been my job right now if I wasn't such a coward and ran off.

"Riley it is time" the voice broke my thoughts. "On your left there is a bright red book on the bottom shelf. Grab it."

I did what I was told and grabbed the book. The large book was as light as a feather though. I opened it and there was an accent looking amulet with a wolf on it. I gently held the necklace up to get a better look at it. Why did my father have this? It had to be hundreds of years old.