Chapter 3

Grace was walking calmly to the top of the hill that overlooked the pack house. I on the other hand was trailing further and further behind her, dragging my steps.

I was on my way to meet the Alpha of this pack. Despite the fact that I needed his permission to stay on his land, I was still nervous to meet him after what happened the last time I met a new Alpha.

"Keep up." Grace orders me without turning around as I groan and pick up my pace to match hers, I still stay a few steps behind her though.

We continue like that in silence until we crested the hill overlooking the pack grounds and saw the pure black wolf that was observing all the humans that were doing something down below in pairs.

The wolf was enormous, the biggest wolf I'd ever seen with the exception of Grace. He had a long jet black coat, but when he stood in the sun like he was currently doing you could see the light reflecting off the few brown hairs hiding in his coat.

When the wolf turned around to face Grace I noticed his burnt orange eyes. I've never seen this color eye on any other living creature. This was obviously Alpha Leyton, I didn't even need the amazing amount of dominance radiating from this wolf to know that.

Grace stopped before Alpha Leyton before greeting him casually, not at all how I would expect a pack member to greet their Alpha.

"Thank you Grace." Alpha Leyton said in a deep voice. "You may go and join the others in training."

Grace didn't say thing. She just nodded her head as she got up and casually walked back the way we had came from, looking like she didn't have a care in the world.

"Welcome Eva, as you probably already know I'm Alpha Leyton." The black wolf greeted me. "I hope you are feeling better than when you stumbled onto my territory."

I bowed my head in submission to Alpha Leyton and stared at the ground as is customary for a wolf as I answered. "I am thank you sir. I'm also very thankful you took me in and nursed me back to health. I don't think I would have survived on my own for much longer."

"I'm not so sure about that." Alpha Leyton replied with a thoughtful look in his eyes. "But enough about that. For now I want to hear what you think about this pack." A wolfish grin appearing on the Alpha's face.

"Well first off every wolf here is HUGE." I state as the Alphas tone and mannerisms made me relax and let me know I can be more friendly with him instead of formal.

Alpha Leyton chuckled. "That's a very good observation young one, what else?"

"Well honestly, I'm impressed sir. I'd never seen a human before and had always heard that they were murdering beasts. The best option was to run as fast as I could from them. But here you are living side by side with them in a way that seems to benefit you both." I answer truthfully.

Alpha Leyton seemed surprised and impressed at the thoughtfulness of my answer but he quickly hid it. "Good answer young one." He tells me.

"Now on to a more serious topic, your future. Have you given any thought to what you want to do now?" The Alpha said turning serious. "Staying here would be difficult for you as our customs and lifestyle are completely different from anything you've ever been exposed to before. So if you want to leave our territory then no one will stop you."

"Oh," I said lowering myself down in disappointment at the thought of having to leave Grace, Derrick and even Thomas who I'd grown fond of. "I guess I can't stay then. When would you like me to leave?" I ask Alpha Leyton with sadness lacing my voice.

"I said it would be difficult for you to stay, not impossible. I am giving you a choice" Alpha Leyton corrects me, making me instantly perk up again. "However this pack has a lot of secrets that may be very difficult for you to accept."