Chapter 16

"Ok Eva. Just imagine yourself as your wolf and expand that image so it fills up your entire mind." Grace instructed me.

So I attempted to do as Grace said and imagined myself as my silver wolf. I then let the image expand in my mind until I couldn't think of anything else.

I waited like that for probably a full minute before I started to get a headache and was forced to give up.

"This is the third time I've tried that Grace." I complained to the white haired beauty in front of me. "Isn't shifting meant to be easy after the first time?"

"Normally yes." Grace admitted from her position sitting crossed legged on the grass. "I'm not actually sure why you won't shift. You're doing everything correctly."

"Let me try." Detsy interjected from besides Grace. The latter simply nodding their head to permit Detsy to take over from her.

"Ok Eva, first off I want you to relax. You look like you're going to make your head explode from all the pressure it's under." Detsy instructed me before proceeding to give the same instructions as Grace did, but in a slightly different manner. Although she was a little more patient than Grace when I still couldn't shift.

"Ok, I admit that I'm not sure why you won't shift Eva." Detsy said with a confused expression on her face before turning to Grace. "Could it be because she spent the first part of her life as a wolf instead of a human?"

"I'm not sure either." Grace admitted. "As far as I know there has never been a werewolf that had spent it's childhood solely as a wolf. So this is completely uncharted territory."

"Wait, do you mean to say that I'm now stuck like this?" I say with fear lacing my voice while gesturing to my human body. While I'll admit that my human form definitely has its uses, I do not want to be stuck like this forever.

"No." Grace reassures me immediately. "All werewolves can shift. We just need to figure out what triggers yours as it seems to be different from the traditional method of surrendering yourself to your wolf."

"Well we need to figure it out quickly." I said with a hint of worry weaving itself through my voice. "I am meant to be heading for the Shallow Rivers pack right now and I'm never going to make it there with just two legs."

"I know Eva." Grace said trying to comfort me but sounding a tad stressed herself. "I'm trying to think of what we're missing."

Aurora laughs at us in my head which causes me to sigh. "I don't suppose you've got any ideas on how to shift?" I ask my wolf.

"Actually I do." I hear her reply, much to my relief. "While I appreciate the help Grace, I think you and Detsy should let me talk Eva through this."

Upon hearing my mates names mentioned by Aurora, I turned to inform them of what she said. However I stopped as I saw them both bug eye'd in shock.

"Is that you talking Aurora?" Grace asked through the mind link while still looking dumbfounded.

"It sure is Grace." Aurora replied through the mind link.

"But it's impossible for a wolf to talk to another human directly." Grace stated in complete confusion.

"You would be amazed at how many things you deem to be impossible really aren't my dear Grace." Aurora informed my mate. Detsy still hadn't said a thing or recovered from her dumbfounded expression.

Aurora left Grace to ponder what she'd just said and started talking to me privately. "The mistake you're making is that you're thinking of us as separate beings Eva."