Tests of Faith

Helloo Sorry for all the slow updates recently. Exams are finally over and I only have a week of school left, then I will make up for all the slow updates. You guys are so going to hate me for this chapter, Lol😂 Anyway let's get on with the story!!! (⚠️Warning⚠️ Angst... A lot of Angst...)

Lovino's POV

The guard led us into the castle. We got a lot of attention from the workers there, but we brushed it off. We entered what looked like a throne room as we see two thrones. A man was seated on the biggest one. He had sandy blond hair and blue eyes. He seemed very dazed. Probably the king... I thought to myself. I noticed the other smaller chair was... Empty. Where is his queen...?

"Hmm... Oh someone finally made it here. Well I'm the King, Alfred who will be giving you quests from here on out," he seemed dazed, but soon snapped out after noticing our presence. "Hello my name is Feliciano! May I ask your majesty, but where is your queen?" Feliciano chirped in his cheery voice as he gestured to the chair. The King's face dropped as he looked at the empty throne which now on closer inspection was full of dust. Ludwig glared at Feliciano noticing the sudden sadness in the atmosphere. "Feli-" He started, but was cut off by the King.

"No worries. And nice to meet you Felciano. Ugh where to begin. Well when the war started our kingdom fought hard and we were sure we were going to win the battle and the war. But all such hope was lost when my queen was killed by the queen of darkness," he told his sob story making me tear up. "D-did you love your queen or..." Feliciano responded not being able to finish his sentence. "I loved him very much. I wish every night that I still had him with me. But that can't be helped," he sadly said as Feliciano choked back a sob.

There was a sad silence in the room as everyone stared at the now empty throne. "Anyway. So as you are here my knights have decided that you four are worthy of defeating the dark queen," he announced examining us. We nodded hesitantly. "Are you going to be loyal to me?" He asked a slight dark tone in his voice. We nodded again same as last time. "Prove it..." With a snap of his fingers the world around me turned black. What's going on...

Feliciano POV

I woke up in a bed as soft as silk. I looked around me and noticed I was in a room fit for a queen and king. I feel someone tighten their grip around me. I look up and realize Ludwig was holding me close. I snuggled into his chest before I remember what happened previously. "Ludwig what happened?" I asked in alarm as I sat up. Ludwig groaned. "What do you mean Feliciano? We went to sleep after the king gave us our first mission," He groaned out and sat up as well. He hugged me and pulled me closer by the waist. Something feels... Off... Is this Ludwig...?

"Let's go. We need to get this mission completed," He said determined. We stood up and got dressed. Everything like we would normally do, but Ludwig was acting off. We entered the forest after we got dressed. "Where is Lovino and Toni?" I asked concerned noticing they weren't with us. "Don't you remember? They got different quests to complete," Ludwig explained as I stared at him confused. I thought there were strict rules against that...

As we continued walking around the forest searching for I don't even know what, Ludwig suddenly collapsed. I immediately sank to the floor as well checking to see if he was fine. I noticed his life bar was beeping red all of a sudden, which was quite odd, because it has been glowing green the whole time. I panicked as I see a objective flash before my eyes. "Don't use the Fiore della perdita." I stare at it confused as I recognized the name.