007

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧harper rose douglas✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

harper rose douglas
✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

"how does macbeth feel about committing regicide in act 1, scene 7? 30 minutes, go," mrs. jackson spoke to the whole english class.

everyone's heads zoomed down and started writing in their workbooks. i, however, tapped my pen on my chin, looking off into the distance as i thought about what to write.

i was in the middle of explaining my first point when a piece of folded up paper landed on my book. the letter H was written on the front.

unfolding it, the simple single-lettered handwriting was revealed and i instantly recognised it.

meet me by your locker after class for the project
- g x

knowing it was grayson, i turned to look at him where a smirk was placed on his lips. i nodded and smiled and scrunched the paper up, putting it in my pocket.

🔆

"ready?" grayson asked me as i approached him at my locker.
"yep," i responded, popping the 'p'.

we walked out of school together, side by side, ignoring the stares at us. being the unlikely gentleman, he even opened the passenger door for me.

when we were on the road, grayson's bluetooth instantly connected the song the moment by tame impala playing.

"sorry, i was listening to that earlier," grayson told me, pausing it.
"no, leave it," i said, leaning forward to press play again, "i love tame impala."
"me too," grayson took his eyes off the road to smile at me for a few seconds.

by the time we arrived at grayson house, we were halfway through let it happen. now i know that he likes the same music as me, i found him somehow attractive. i mean, he was always attractive, have you seen him?

🔆

"you know, your eyebrows scrunch up when you're concentrating, it looks really adorable," grayson voice rang through my head as i worked.

"yeah, thanks," i replied, unbothered at this point. ever since i stepped foot in my house, he's been complimenting me non-stop.

he said he liked my simple fashion sense, signalling the jeans and hoodie, saying i could pull anything off.
he said he liked having my hair down because it compliments my face.
he said he loved how my eyes shone when he gave me a strawberry pop tart.

i'm flattered but i just wanted to get the work done so i can go home and watch netflix.

"we're pretty much finished with this now," i announced, excitedly. grayson's smile reappeared on his face.

"and with days to spare, that's the first time that's ever happened to me," grayson said, looking way too proud of himself.
"i'm pretty sure that i did more work than you!" i argued back jokingly.
"hey, i still did work though, didn't i?" he fired back in the same jokey way.

i picked up a pen from the ground and took the lid off.
"well, if i just put my name down, mrs lindsey will think i did it all," i grinned, slowly starting to write my name. grayson gasped dramatically.

"you wouldn't dare."
"oh, i would," i challenged.

suddenly, grayson started to chase me around his room. i dodged his tries of getting me by standing on his bed, holding the pen up high out of his reach. then, grayson followed me on his bed and i noticed how much taller he was than me.

damn you, 5 feet and 5 inches.

"give me the pen," grayson demanded me, holding his empty hand out.
"no way," i panted, out of breath from running around.

his eyebrow arched, a subtle smirk forming in his face. i swallowed, hoping he didn't notice it.

"give. me." his voice turned deeper and raspier.
"and what if i don't?" i said, raising my eyebrow in anticipation.

grayson's eyes flickered down to my body, suddenly attacking me with tickles. i exploded into fits of giggles, still trying to keep the pen as further away from him as possible.

"n-no! stop!" i laughed loudly. grayson let out a few laughs whilst tickling me. not been able to hold it in any longer, i fell onto his bed, him landing on top of me.

that's when reality hit. that's when i realised i was laying down on grayson dolan's bed, his hands rested on both sides of my waist, his hazel-colored eyes gazing deep into mine, our panting breaths fanning each other's faces.

"um," i started, my breath shaking, "i-"
"yeah... sorry," grayson interrupted, letting go of me and sitting up straight.

i cleared my throat awkwardly and got off his bed.
"you know, i was gonna put your name on anyway, right?" i stated after a few more silent seconds.

"yeah, i know," grayson replied. he sat down on the floor directly opposite me.

🔆

after grayson drove me home, i walked down the path to the front porch of my house. a funny thought crossed my mind: why was grayson being so friendly with me today and practically ignoring me yesterday?

i was trying to focus my mind on that but every time i imagined grayson's face, butterflies flew around in my stomach.

and i remember how close our faces were to each other earlier today.

🔆

i don't like how i ended this don't judge
for perfecttdolan fendigrayson