015

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧harper rose douglas✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

harper rose douglas
✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

by the next school day, it was like grayson and i never slept in the same bed. it was already lunchtime and the only form of interaction we've had was when we'd meet eye contact and he'd smile at me.

i'm sat at a table with lily as she's telling me about some new movie she was obsessed with as my eyes stayed focused of grayson and his table.

grayson, ethan, chloe, johnny and a few other chloe's friends.

it made my blood boil seeing chloe sat on grayson's lap, kissing him, running her hands through his hair. little does he know what she and johnny did a few days ago.

"hello?" lily voice rang through my head, my eyes still on the table behind her.

"hey, bitch," she firmly spoke, causing me to avert my eyes.
"yes?"
"are you even listening to me?" she asked and i nodded my head.

she gave me her resting bitch face and i rolled my eyes.
"yes, ok. i'll so see joker, can you stop bugging me about it now?"

lily gave me a warm smile. she tucked her bright hair behind her ear as she put a piece of watermelon on a fork.

"i'm telling you it's so good. and if you don't find him attractive when he's dancing down the stairs, you have issues."

🔆

the thought of grayson not knowing what was going on between chloe and johnny bugged me for than anything. all day it was on my mind.

i checked the time on my laptop, sighing at the amount of homework i had to do in one night. it's crazy how just one day of school can give you piles of work to do.

8:58pm

this problem was eating me alive, i couldn't take it any longer. i unplugged my phone from its charger and opened mine and grayson's text conversation.

i came to the decision that i should text him, meet up and just tell him. what i wasn't expecting, however, was the little typing bubble appearing once i clicked on grayson's name.

harper | grayson

hey are you busy?

not really, what's
up?

can you come
over?

i really need to
talk to someone.

i swallowed hard, my palms getting sweaty. maybe someone already told him.

of course

i'll be there
in 10 mins

🔆

the rain pelted down on my window screen. i was around the corner from grayson's block and that's when i felt myself getting more and more nervous by the second.

i parked in his driveway and got out of my car. suddenly, as i was walking up the front garden path, i saw grayson sat out on his front porch, his head in his hands.

the sky was getting darker, making the air and rain colder.

"hey," i said, louder enough for him to hear me. grayson looked up at me and i was surprised to see how red and puffy his eyes were.

"what's wrong?" my tone became shaky with worry. i just stood in front of him, looking intently as i waited for him to speak.

he has his black hood up on his head, looking through his thick eyelashes in the distance. for a few seconds, the only sounds was the rain on the ground and cars driving past.

he took a deep breath before finally looking at me. i saw the fear, the sadness in his eyes as his lips moved to form 4 heartbreaking words.

"my sister's in hospital."

🔆
i can't believe harper hasn't seen joker yet the cloWNERY 🤡😤 BUT ALSO DONT BULLY ME FOR THInKING JOKER IS ATTRACTIVR I KNOW I HAVR iSSUES YOu DONT NEED TO POINT IT oUt

for svnfuldols montagegrant